• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign ~ SETAI'S Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
163576-albums4153-picture39220.png

Picture by -Kobas-
163576-albums4153-picture39347.png

The Year is 2125, humanity has spread to other worlds a quick rate, there technology has rapidly advanced. Even though they spread to many other worlds they have not encountered intelligent alien life.
It was only ten years after that when they discovered an Alien race called the Serin, like the humans they had the power of invention. The Serin seemed to be at the same level of technology of the Humans.
The Serin soon started to despise the humans, the reason for this is unknown. But few years after, the Serin declare war on humanity and ultimately catch them by surprise. Humanity trying to defend multiple fronts from the Serin start to lose worlds at a rapid pace.
Humanity rallies under one banner, the United Human Forces, and starts organizing a true defense against the Serin. Even though the Serin are slowing down there rate of capturing worlds have still the upper hand.
The vast amount of Serin soldiers also come into a factor as many major populated worlds were lost to the Serin, human soldiers are hard to find. Doctor Kaslo develops an artificial Intelligence called Strategic Experimental Tactical AI or the shorten version SETAI.
SETAI's advantage over the Serin is that he can replace his troops more rapidly. The Serin soon lose to SETAI's overwhelming forces of robots. It was about two months after SETAI's creation that the UHF gained the worlds that they lost to the Serin.
It seemed that the Serin were defeated, before the UHF and SETAI could invade the Serins home-world, they disappeared without a trace.
General Kobac, had Doctor Kaslo assassinated and SETAI shut down, the reasons are unknown but it seemed Kobac's words were law. About three and a half years later a few of SETAI's experimental commanders activated on the world which SETAI's mainframe is located.
You are one of SETAI's Experimental Sub-AI Commanders.
Mission 1: Awakening
This mission is where you learn the basics of the robot force.
Mission 2: Foothold
In this one you try to create a major offensive pathway to the UHF Capital.
Mission 3: Revenge
The last mission is where you have to break through the UHF capital which is extremely guarded
At the end you meet the killer of SETAI's Maker...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the moment Im still thinking of units and stuff.
So I will be open for suggestions.
I have a few units at the moment.
163576-albums4153-picture39348.png

The Work Bot model 102.23 was created by SETAI to make base building quickly and efficiently as possible. Its equipped with 2 laser welders for building and two energy pulse guns for breaking cyrolithium.
Stats:
Health: 250
Damage: 5-6
Armor: Hero - 2
Ability(s): Capture
163576-albums4153-picture39353.png

When SETAI required basic soldiers, he created the Storm Soldier. They have decent health, decent damage but are expensive for a basic unit.
Health: 450
Damage: 25-25
Armor: Medium - 1
Ability(s): None
163576-albums4153-picture39351.png

When the Serin started deploying major air forces, SETAI countered using a new spiderbot model 837.2A aka the Reaver
Health: Unknown (Yet to be Completed)
Damage: Unknown
Armor: Unknown
Ability(s): None
163576-albums4153-picture39350.png

SETAI used these personally to guard his mainframe from attack, they are the elite of the Robot force. They are really strong, but they cost heaps.
Health: Unknown (Yet to be Completed)
Damage: Unknown
Armor: Unknown
Ability(s): Unknown
163576-albums4153-picture39352.png

I am looking for people to help me.
Modeler.
.~.~.~.
PM me if you want to help or just post here :ogre_haosis:

163576-albums4153-picture39346.png

Screen_AI_Attacking.png
This Screenshot is outdated
163576-albums4153-picture39434.png

163576-albums4153-picture39433.png
Attacking the First UHF Base, The AI survived that attack.
163576-albums4153-picture39432.png

This is where I started Building up my base, I was building two Production Facilities and a Hangar, I also had next to the Robotics Core two Control Nodes(Farms).
163576-albums4153-picture39431.png

The_Silent
M0rbid
AMIGURUMI
Mr. Bob
Fingolfin
Mechanical Man
Vuormalainen
Ket
GooS
General Frank
Dan van Ohllus
l0w_kwaliti
Muoteck
Illidan(evil)x
Goldwolf
Kitabatake
Burning_Dragoon5
SataX
shamanyouranus
Ergius
chilla_killa
MassiveMaster
Kofi_Banan

Version: 1.00 : Start
Version 1.01: Added Screenshot, and Picture
Version 1.02: Added Unit
Version 1.03: Added Changelog and Credits

163576-albums4153-picture39345.png

What I am Currently working on:
Balancing Units.
Tech Tree
Adding More Buildings
Buildings List:
(Robots)
Robotics Core
Production Facility
Control Node
Tech Center (Under Construction)
Hangar (Almost Done)
Heavy Automated Turret
Mineral Shockwave Generator
Cyrollithium Fabricator (Idea Still) (Almost Done. Adding Limit)
Experimental Units are being made.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Some News Guys:
I will not be working on this until I finish my contest entry.
But I am working on the story.

Last edited:
It looks pretty good... though I dislike the story. It seems lacking...
Humans come in contact with an alien race - Halo-ish, but alright
Aliens are called Serin - not the best name, but acceptable
UHF makes an AI called SETAI - right, now it's getting bad
SETAI mysteriously shuts down - bad plot twist
SETAI workbot takes revenge - horrible, nonsensical

It seems like a mash of Halo, Terminator and I, Robot. Judging from the screenshot, the gameplay looks good, and you have some creative units, however, I just don't like the story (which is crucial to campaigns). I hope you change the story, otherwise, good luck.

Level 14
Im trying to fix the story alittle... I might change lots of it.
At the moment im testing out the AI that I have been making via AI Editor, its pretty good.
I am also balancing things.
That screenshot is old and outdated. Thats when I had the triggered AI and some of things were not set properly
The new AI is much Better

Last edited:
Level 14
Bump
C'mon Guys, Leave a comment. Theres like 150 views and 1 comment!
I have now imported some icons into the campaign and im just finishing off cyrolithium fabricators. Also Ive added some things around the map called Refineries they give minerals to the player who controls them, they can be captured using the Work Bot.

Level 14
I was going to use the raise tool, but the blizzard cliffs actually were alot better in an RTS map. Yes they may look ugly at times but it actually has better strategic uses.
An RPG on the other hand should not use blizzard cliffs. Its more depending on what type of map/campaign your making.

~~
Request:
Could some one please do this request for me.
Shield Dome
~~

~Crazed_seal

Level 14
That is why I am using them

~~

Bump.

I am still looking for someone to complete the request.

~~

Request:
Spell : Shield Dome
Cast: On/Off
Levels: 1 (non-hero, non-item)

Description: The Shield Generator creates a shield dome that covers an area protecting the units inside from ranged attacks.

Triggered? Yes (Possibly the only way to do it)
Oh yea it has to be MUI and MPI.

Editable Values:
Shields Life
Shields Cost

Other Things: When the shields life reaches zero it will break. The Shield Generator must wait 30 seconds before being able to turn on the shield again.

Thats about it.

Almost Finished the first map.
Just need that request done.

Level 12
Looks decent. this map have potentials. I'll just throw in few suggestions, hope the noobish suggestions are useful to you.

Suggestions
  1. I agree with GhostThruster, the storyline do need improvements. How about you visit here?
  2. I suggest changing the idle worker icon (F8) to the icon of the worker bot. It might be just a minor thing but it makes it looks better. :grin:
  3. Other than that, how about these for the armor icons?
    Level 1Level 2Level 3
  4. How about an EMP burst for an ability? Perhaps it can lockdown(stun) units in AOE for a duration then slowly regain movement speed within a period of time? I've always like that. Since this campaign is futuristic, why not?
p/s: The codes are added to make it more organized. hope the colors doesn't make it too heavy to read... :hohum:

Level 14
Ok.
Firstly:
1. There are no heroes. (The Guys who go to level 10 and kill armies, you know them.)
2. Instead of Heroes, Ive added 'game ending' units that are hard to get.
3. I know some people like big weapons so im adding 'Superweapons'
4. Some other things also.

~
This is a campaign not a map. Last time I checked it had over 130 files imported O_O.
~
Planned Superweapons:
Robots: Ion Cannon, yes generic but awesome
UHF: Crusico EMP Shockwave Cannon, you will see... :ogre_hurrhurr:

~
Pretty much it.

Level 35
Other than a completely different gameplay style?

I've been known to have had a few projects that seemingly get abandoned, but what I really do with them is change the gameplay around completely due to getting bored with the initial idea. I suggest doing the same for this, it's far too similar to the melee gameplay style.

For example, instead of heroes, you have game-ending units that are hard to get. Call it what you want, it has the same effect.

Super-weapons is a little cliche, but can still work.

But ultimately, I don't like the idea of yet another futuristic version of Warcraft 3.

I could suggest so many different gameplay styles, one of which I'm implementing in a fantasy universe (can work in a futuristic universe, too, but I like that gameplay idea so I'm keeping it to myself until release).

Maybe an idea you could work with could involve changing the gameplay to have a different goal. For example, you could change the economy. Instead of mining like in the melee game, you could have control zones, periodic drop-offs, something like that. Instead of building units like in the melee game, you could get units by having them dropped in from orbit, or something else that is cool. Instead of a base-building gameplay, you could have small unit tactics (like the Warhammer Boardgame), attempt a turn-based strategy in an rts environment (possibly combining the two in a unique and interesting way), or even combine any other style of gameplay with the rts environment in a way that has not yet been done (there are many ways of combining rts with rpg, for example, that has not been done, but once again that's delving into my own gameplay idea).

Essentially, the possibilities are endless.

Level 14
Anarchanbedlam was saying my project was like SC in Warcraft 3...

Hehe...

I have a request...

I need some one to create a shield dome ability.

I made some sorta diagram.

Anything inside of the Dome will not take damage from any thing outside instead the Dome will take will take damage.

The Dome has health. If the Shield Generator dies the dome disappears.

See attached image.

Oh and it must be able to support multiple units.

Also is there a way to check if a building is finished.

Attachments

• Shield Dome.png
    Shield Dome.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 88
Naga and Xel'naga. What? They're just names!
Exactly.

Ancients can uproot. Terrans can liftoff. Nah, that's nothing.
Two inherently different gameplay styles, the same system is used across plenty of unrelated games aswell.

Undead have blight. Zerg have creep. Pfffft, coincidence.
Recycling mechanics has little to do with gameplay, its applied differently in each game.
Orc Burrows can garrison. Bunkers can garrison. Okay...still not convinced -
... bunkers garrison in C&C...hmmm what other strategy-OMG ALMOST ALL OF THEM!
ZOMG, I JUST REALISED THEY'RE MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY, WITH SAME ART STYLES, SAME NAME PATTERN, SAME EVERYTHING!
Different art styles, similar name, same company, completely different game play styles and themes.

Maybe you should have on the last campaign that the human army is way to large for the robot force alone... So like 5 minutes in, your base is having a hard time holding them back. Then like out of no where you detect alien ships. Turns out that the old aliens survived and have gained superior technological advancements. After that you open up a little space and they gain a base and nearly destroy all the humans. (Both of them get weakened a lot, then you swoop in and kill them both ^^)
Just and idea for the storyline :)

Status
Not open for further replies.