• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Ready for Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've been modding off and on for four years and always on the same project - a campaign for the RPG Talislanta.

I now have 8 maps done, 9 if you include the training session. It's almost complete though there is a bonus map I'd like to add at some point. I've played through with all 4 heroes and it worked fine so far. I'm going through once more though just to be sure. I'd like to release it to a few people to get some feedback and bug detection if that's okay, but here are the problems:

1. I used a LOT of imported models. I don't know how to make any model, so all of them are taken from the forums here. I haven't yet put in the "credit <name here> for the model" yet as I long since lost my list and will have to comb the models here to find them all.

2. I have some models that were later removed from the site, I believe for copyright reasons if I remember correctly (one is a very badass looking dragon that falls from the sky when it is born and flies up and away when it dies).

3. I'm sure the campaign will need to be updated, hopefully with a few new models if I can find someone to help. So I'd rather not release the campaign to a broad public until I get some help and make some improvements.

4. The campaign is quite large so I can't really email it to people, so I'm hoping there is some space somewhere where I can upload it and allow a few of the more experienced map makers who may be interested to take a look at it.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I went about this wrong, but if an administrator could give me some advice I'd be happy. I should be ready this weekend to upload it for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.