• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

A couple of questions for campaign and game editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, newbie here

I started with something simple, editing the campaigns and making the game start from my edited campaigns and not the original ones, i can also change the models for specific maps, i started doing these kind of stuff like a week ago, so i still have much to learn, so i would like how to...

1. changing the model of characters for the entire game and not just a map...im not talking about changing some .mdx for other to update/fix models but permanently make the game use some dds. ... like the lordaeron forces from Barorque but for all the maps, the campaign, everything

2. I'm having problems editing the rexxar campaign, and is when i make the transition from one zone/map to another...when rexxar tries to make the transition, the campaign starts over again, i dont know what trigger i need to edit to change this, this is the only campaign where i had this problem, the campaign resets when going from one map to another

Thanks for any help you might provide, have a great day

Level 21
I'm not into campaign editing, but i'd guess you'd have to use the campaign editor's import manager for that?
+ custom data

Hello, newbie here

I started with something simple, editing the campaigns and making the game start from my edited campaigns and not the original ones, i can also change the models for specific maps, i started doing these kind of stuff like a week ago, so i still have much to learn, so i would like how to...

1. changing the model of characters for the entire game and not just a map...im not talking about changing some .mdx for other to update/fix models but permanently make the game use some dds. ... like the lordaeron forces from Barorque but for all the maps, the campaign, everything

2. I'm having problems editing the rexxar campaign, and is when i make the transition from one zone/map to another...when rexxar tries to make the transition, the campaign starts over again, i dont know what trigger i need to edit to change this, this is the only campaign where i had this problem, the campaign resets when going from one map to another

Thanks for any help you might provide, have a great day
This depends upon what version of the game you're using, if it's pre 1.31 (IIRC) then you can go into the mpq and edit it and that'll change things for the entire game, if its reforged you'll need to use something called Local Files Local files

Status
Not open for further replies.