• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign not loading : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys, something quite troubling has occured suddenly. My campaign won't load in the campaign editor, it was working fine before I turned my computer off last. When I go to open it it just does nothing, doesn't crash or anything. Just doesn't open and doesn't tell me of any errors. :sad:

Level 6
Yes I am, although I have the latest patch for warcraft 3

It seems even MPQ master can't open the campaign file.

Last edited:
Level 6
Still havent found an answer, been searching the net for a while. Sorry to double post but i'd just end up asking the same question again anyway as its still the same problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Might be a curropted file in which case if it damage something important like the block table or hashtable it might be irrepariable.

On windows vista and 7 try restoring to a previous version. Losing some work is better than losing it all.
Run a scan on your harddisk condition (check for damaged sectors). If set to try and repair errors it might be able to retreive the lost data and map your drive so such sectors are avoided.

If you have a backup, consider going back to that.

Finally it might have been serious curroption caused by exiting at an unsafe time or by the computer shutting down inappopiatly, both of these usually result in a pretty mangled file.

Try with many MPQ editors first before giving up. Some of them have the tendiency to be buggy and pop out errors that make no sense.

Level 6
I had found a previous version, so yeah I was still trying to recover my current. I'll try some more MPQ editors, the thing is I'm getting no errors trying to open it with world edit or the MPQ editors just doesn't open, but I guess that can still be an error in itself. anyhow, I think I know why it's screwed then, the night when it happened my comp crashed randomly, which doesn't happen often. I guess that did it, damn it. Anyhow i'll keep trying, what's frustrating is there's only one map on the campaign was using anyway, the other 3 I was planning on getting rid of and making new ones. Thanks though to both of you + rep

Status
Not open for further replies.