• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaign Imported Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
What I Did: I imported everything into the Campaign Editor (Models and Skins) and then made the units, opened up a map, put it into campaign, went into edit mode and placed several units.
Problem: I tested the map and they didn't show up... anybody know how to fix this or why its happening?

Level 12
Didn't work.

Ummmm... they all just turned into Big black boxes labeled Invalid Object

And now they dissappear...

Oh and to make this mystery even more strange, I have autosave on eveyr 10 minutes, saved 10 times, this happened during it, then my campaigmn editor wouldn't even display the units in custom data so I reopened the map, and guess what? The 10 saves plus atleast 6 autosaves wern't made!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 11
Ok first of all nice way to describe your problem, 2nd of all don't quatro post (if that's even a word) instead use the Edit button. 3rdly why are you importing models with the Campaign Editor and not the Import Manager? Also if a model has a skin, texture (.BLP file) make sure you remove the war3mapimported/ from the path.

Level 12
Ok first of all nice way to describe your problem, 2nd of all don't quatro post (if that's even a word) instead use the Edit button. 3rdly why are you importing models with the Campaign Editor and not the Import Manager? Also if a model has a skin, texture (.BLP file) make sure you remove the war3mapimported/ from the path.

I'm using the Campaign Editor because I'm making a campaign with the units in almost every level. And I did change the paths. Here is what happened in order.

1. I imported all models via Campaign Editor's Import Manager

2. I made custom units

3. I scaled them to size which is when the first black boxes occured + the yellow text at the bottom left saying Invalid ID, though I didn't make much of it because it was working fine.

4. I placed units randomly

5. I created an avatar of vengeance hero giving it both ranged and melee attack.

6. I wanted to test if the attack worked so I placed him.

7. I tested the map

8. He didn't appear

9. I used iseedeadpeople to check if anything appeared, and nothing did.

10. I posted this with the orginal problem

11. I played some WCIII games waiting for replies

12. I went to check on this and the map, which no longer had any units on it.

13. I pressed the undo then redo button both once, and black boxes appeared where I placed the units and spam at the bottom left of screen said Invalid ID about 3 times even though I placed about 20 units (though 3 models)

14. I tried to replace the units but when I opened the Unit Palette, nothing appeared at custom.

15. I closed the map knowing autosave hit about 6 times and I saved it about 10 times.

16. I opened the map to see 16 saves ago!

17. I got pissed and tried again, still didn't show up.

18. Watching Black Boxes now...

Level 12
Yes Import Manager does work, on the Prologue mission I imported everything and it worked, but then I made changed in the Campaign Editor on the things I imported there and I decided to transfer all units there instead due to the major edits. None of the models from the Campaign Editor work.

Level 12
I could have done that all along... I just want to know whats wrong with the Campaign Editor, it works for everybody else.

{EDIT}
By the way, Tau, I don't plan on importing 30 things into each level of a huge campaign project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.