• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera effect question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, I've got a few ideas and I was wondering if anyone can think of a way to implement them.

First, is there a way to make only the terrain darker? Or make units brighter?

Second, can anyone think of a way to blur something?

Level 4
Ok, I've got a few ideas and I was wondering if anyone can think of a way to implement them.

First, is there a way to make only the terrain darker? Or make units brighter?
During gameplay, wc3 illuminates the map with two models: a unit light model and a terrain light model. Usually they effectively match eachother, but if you were to get your hands on two models for the job, you could easily use a darker model for units then terrain or vise versa. The function used to set the models is:
JASS:
call SetDayNightModels("terrain model path","unit model path")

I recommend finding a modeller to hook you up.

Second, can anyone think of a way to blur something?
Sort of, just use a bunch of transparent models. May not be the effect you want though, since that's not actually going to create a good true 'blur' effect unless you use a LOT of models.

Status
Not open for further replies.