• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera View - RPG Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It's very late and I'm usually a very social guy, but I'm tired and I have a question... probably requiring a long answer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e7zTqpXcJTc&mode=related&search=

Use the above for reference.

I'm making a small, team based RPG. The opening cinematic is in place, and a lot of the terrain has been designed.

I would like to know how, if anyone is interested in helping out, how to produce a camera view, such as the one in the above video.

The main feature is the locked camera, which rotates with the unit's orientation. I already know how to set the field of view, the z offset, etc. The only thing that is troubling me is the camera lock that rotates along with the character.

I think this was accomplished in the Warcraft III RPG, Legacies: Tides of the Serpent

If anyone is willing to help out a bit, I will really appreciate it.

Level 6
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Triggering unit)) over 0.10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.