• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camel Pack Bundle

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
!!! I have to upload the same .blp texture for each model but they all use the same texture. This inflates filesize!!! In reality, all the models are just variations and 150-200 kbs each while if you use any of the camels that need the texture (WoW or Arab) you'll need to import the 50 kb texture only once.

It's a camelpack... get it?

First model! Hehe okay, pretty much a WoW model rip with edits. There's not a single camel here on the Hive or hardly anywhere else really- believe me I've checked. I made for use in my upcoming project- you can edit it however you want. I can upload an alternate skinned version if needed. It's a bit high poly/file-size but I don't know how to fix that just yet- maybe I'll update once I figure it out.

PS: scale it up about 3x in the world editor

Update: Updated Walk Slow to Fast

Update 4/24/17: Welp, figured some stuff off and shaved 153 kb off nbd.
I also fixed front strap so that it doesn't clip (as much) when animated. If anyone wants the original, other skin colors, or a previous version with more animations (raising up on its hind feet and kicking with front slow and fast/headbutt attack/stand ready/walk (slow) etc.), just send me a PM and I'll dig through my files.

Update 9/10/17 re-added animations and added decay flesh/decay bone as well as death sound, foot prints, and blood. Also uploaded corresponding screenshot BTNs

Update 2/24/18
- Uploaded Arab Camel normal and pack versions (or Dromedary- an unexpected and gorgeous gift courtesy of Cuore- these completely done by him, minor fixes by Alethos)

- Tweaked proportions of Cuore's version and uv mapped to the thigh of Tauren Chieftan. Somehow I thought that was a good idea. I am now not only an idiot but officially insane. Never again will I try and map fur to ingame textures (means you have to use one texture and everything is hopelessley stretched). The end result could be better but I refuse to spend one more hopeless hour teaking it when I have better things to do. Also added a packless ver that doesn't have morph.

-Renamed original to 'WoWcamel' and added my own morph animations. Fixed a clipping issue with pack and added more pack stuff (copied from Cuore's model).

Author tags:
Desert , Sahara , Dromedary
Previews
Contents

Arabian Camel (No Pack) (Model)

Arabian PackCamel (Model)

BTNArabianCamel (Icon)

BTNCamel (Icon)

BTNCamel (Icon)

BTNCamelPortrait (Icon)

War3 Camel (No Pack) (Model)

War3 PackCamel (Model)

WoW PackCamel (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
As this is a WOW-rip/edit I won't approve it, but people might like it and thus it will go straight to substandard. Works in-game.
Level 11
Thanks everyone!

nice :) wonder can it be optimized some more tho..

Definitely, I'll work on it after I finish with finals and once I get milkshape- modeling in Mdlvis is too hard.

So basically when it attacks it hits you with its head or face.
4/5.

I don't have my camel attack at all personally but the option is there. 'Attack-Slam' could also be used a reaction for when it gets hit.

Level 11
This is just a very bad WOW rip.
Animations, skin and geometry is simply ripped off the WOW model. You just added some team colored sacks.
True. This is my first experience with modeling in general- but I modified the skin to fit more in wc3- enlarged and brought the hump forward to look more like an actual dromedary camel in addition to adding the sacks and bag. Now, you may not think these are huge edits, and you'd be right, but it took me a hell of a long time as a newcomer to the scene. I doubted this would be approved as I expressed in my description- but regardless- it's useful for the community as an average user wouldn't be able to find/do any of that. Especially because there are no other options right now.

You are de-valuing the whole Wc3 model modding by posting WOW rips and pretending you 'based' them off WOW models. What a shame.

Oh. My. Melodrama. I literally claimed no such thing- go back and read my description. I acknowledge point blank it's a WoW rip, if people don't read that's their problem. I guess I could make it clearer that credits should go to Blizzard, but honestly, that's just redundant.

It's good that you are thinking about the community, but I simply fucking despise the use and the ripping of WOW models.

What's wrong with it as long as the material stays within Blizzard games? Everything made in Blizzard format is theirs anyways...? Though I do agree he needs to work on it more.

"Exported materials from other sources is not permitted.
One exception is content created by Blizzard Entertainment, which may be permitted if it is properly adapted to the Warcraft 3 engine and credit is given to Blizzard."

Luckily General Resource Rules had been updated to allow use of a bigger pool of resources for a game we all enjoy. Just have to try thinking of it like another MPQ addition or a bigger MPQ/storage file.

Well, it's not properly adapted. 335kb without the skin, is not adapted.

I agree, was more of trying to mention that higher quality meshes should be fine as long as they're adapted better because not everyone wants too or can make scratch-made awesome meshes and animations. While the normal wc3 models are nice, they aren't exactly good quality anymore and usually are quite limiting.

I agree, was more of trying to mention that higher quality meshes should be fine as long as they're adapted better because not everyone wants too or can make scratch-made awesome meshes and animations. While the normal wc3 models are nice, they aren't exactly good quality anymore and usually are quite limiting.

The mesh and animations are not scratch-made, they are ripped from WOW.
They are of good quality in the wc3 engine environment. We really don't need +10000 polygon models.

They are of good quality in the wc3 engine environment. We really don't need +10000 polygon models.

The wc3 engine is amazing and some maps greatly benefit from models similar to this and sometimes much heavier as there is usually no other model that can take its place. Not every map has a cartoony environment and some maps are able to mix it up successfully without it looking bad. I can say from my own experience that I've needed other art sometimes to fill in when there was nothing else able to be used because it would look very out of place then and I have seen it in other maps... There are actually a few projects that have been and are hosted on hive that makes use of this and would never be able to do this without those file exports.

The wc3 engine is amazing and some maps greatly benefit from models similar to this and sometimes much heavier as there is usually no other model that can take its place. Not every map has a cartoony environment and some maps are able to mix it up successfully without it looking bad. I can say from my own experience that I've needed other art sometimes to fill in when there was nothing else able to be used because it would look very out of place then and I have seen it in other maps... There are actually a few projects that have been and are hosted on hive that makes use of this and would never be able to do this without those file exports.
Fair enough, but staying closer to the original material makes it more fitting to a wider audience I think. Not everybody has ground-breaking ideas and visions of their projects. Most of the time people adapt the things they find, not the other way around.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
While I generally dislike WoW Rips, especially with those silly floaty WoW animations, I make exceptions for when it's something the community has gone without for so long. Camels are a big deal, so I thank you.

Definitely would love to see one of these made with only in-game textures (perhaps some bits of the Wyvern?), as those go a long way towards making something feel at home in Wc3.

Level 51
Review: While personally having mixed feelings about entire wow-model-rips, I feel like this model can be really useful and we lack a lot of desert models.

There are a few things that need to be fixed/added though.

1. A Decay Bone and Decay flash animation + Gutz are needed.

2. A death sound, footprints, and other necessary event objects and the likes. Take a look at other models (you can take the pack horse as a reference I guess) in the model editor in the nodes tab for this.