• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

calling all debuggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I knocked out a basic map a couple of days ago.

Its a lot of fun, which is a shame it has such a fundamental problem.

The map is small (64x32) there are very few units in the game (about 12)
there are very few trrain alterations and doodads. But it Lags

Its not crippling lag, but after a while short stutters will occur every millisecond or so. It doesnt affect the gameplay by much.

The biggest problem occurs when youexit the game. It takes a long time to return to the chat area and sometimes even causes the game or the entire PC to lock up. The likelyhood of this increases the longer tha map runs before exiting.

If you think you can fathom it, please dl the attachment and take a look for me.

Attachments

• shootout_2_.w3x
    35.4 KB · Views: 50
Level 1
well this is an old topic

but my map has a ton of lag too and its also small

i have the same problems u have too

Level 5
One of the first things you need to check is if there is anything on top of the Starting point circles, you know, the ones that gives you a town hall and peasants in melee maps. That causes lag.

Then there are also trigger leaks which normally happen when you use, for example, "last unit created" to refer to the triggering unit after it's been modified or such.

Well I'm going to check the posted map first. If I find out what's wrong I suppose that'll help you too glock.

Level 5
I think I know what's wrong in the shootout map. You have a trigger running every 0.05 seconds when the minimum time limit is 0.20 or 0.25.

A way easier method of killing a player and adding a point to the scoreboard would be creating a trigger that checks whenever a bullet gets close to a duelist (use the Unit - Unit within range event).

Status
Not open for further replies.