• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Call of the Swarm

Level 22
Overlord's Verdict is active, yeah.

Maybe put a warning before people go into the grotto to finish all sidequests before they go in, and disable starting sidequests until the relevant NPCs are back in place?
  1. Okay. Currently realisation while that quest active is bugged, so I want to disable side quests when "Overlord Verdict"-phase is active (I mean that when you come to captian squad, Z-boi asks you: "Are you ready to deal with it?" And if you answer <Yes> - phasing current game, bordering your mini-map with sewage quest borders and disabling all your other quests. If <No> - they'll wait for you until you came back and answer <Yes>;
  2. It's already in campaign! Priest asks you about traveling to Grotto and you can choose <No> so he would wait for you until you come back and say <Yes>.

Level 28
Trying from the beginning as the other class.

Devourer mana regeneration is negative rather than slowed and apparently resets to full on gaining a level.

Suggestion: give the storage box an item teleporting ability so you don't have to rearrange your inventory just to bring stuff back (especially in the grotto).

Shrine increased intelligence but mentions strength, is that the right line?

The northern notice board's items are physical rather than powerups, and don't trigger Xorrax's comments. When I went back after speaking with Zara they were powerups, Xorrax talked about them and I got the caravan quest.

Some robbers and presumably intelligent insects belong to Monsters.

Gunsmith: "No more foot from the Lair" -> ?

Zara cutscene: childs -> children

Hooks just dies before you can even get halfway to him.

What exactly does the warlock's book do? I've used it on Xorrax and a sewage monster to no effect.

Level 22
Trying from the beginning as the other class.

Devourer mana regeneration is negative rather than slowed and apparently resets to full on gaining a level.

Suggestion: give the storage box an item teleporting ability so you don't have to rearrange your inventory just to bring stuff back (especially in the grotto).

Shrine increased intelligence but mentions strength, is that the right line?

The northern notice board's items are physical rather than powerups, and don't trigger Xorrax's comments. When I went back after speaking with Zara they were powerups, Xorrax talked about them and I got the caravan quest.

Some robbers and presumably intelligent insects belong to Monsters.

Gunsmith: "No more foot from the Lair" -> ?

Zara cutscene: childs -> children

Hooks just dies before you can even get halfway to him.

What exactly does the warlock's book do? I've used it on Xorrax and a sewage monster to no effect.
  1. About mana - its a feature. You need to manage your skills and active items, because spell cost is life. Mana need only for active items, so lvl-up effect doesn't matter;
  2. Good suggestion! Thank you, I'll add it in next update;
  3. If strenght mentioned in flavor text - it doesn't matter, because it's a flavor text. Effects from shrines typed with colored text;
  4. Seems like a bug, I'll check it out;
  5. It was made only for trigger purposes (I wouldn't tell you about :D);
  6. He meant that he likely stay in Lair and wouldn't travel in No Man's Land anymore;
  7. 'll fix it;
  8. Hmm, so short amount of time… I'll correct it!
  9. Warlock have 2 items: staff + book. Staff summons in target point a powerful but uncontrolled doomguard, who attacks nearby units. Book only purpose for enslaving that doomguard, returning him to player control.

Level 28
Yes, but he can't use those items if he's at near-constantly at 0 mana.

His first ability does give him mana back, but because of the negative regen the net gain between two uses is about 10, when item spells can cost 100 or more (and of course you need to use it on an enemy, which isn't always convenient).

Maybe set it so he has no mana regen outside of those abilities, but isn't constantly losing mana?

If you're keeping the mana loss, then the tooltip should say that he has negative mana regen instead of 150% slower.

Warlock's book should be made to work on Felguards summoned by the Demon's Blood item since it says "target demon".

Reduce max mana by 100 per use? On a temporary summon? Seems to me it's far more efficient to just use the demon as a suicidal distraction.

Doom Guard's summoning doesn't take 5 seconds. Also, why "in a row"? He doesn't seem to have Shockwave or Carrion Swarm.

Dang, NH Doom Guard gives no XP. You really thought of everything.

Why do numbers (1/20, 2/20) appear above the Warlock when summoning Dreadstalkers?

Dreadstalkers' ability should be set to autocast on summoning.

Death Coil tooltip values show 0, missing "seconds" from the cooldown.

For the Gunsmith: "I'll never set foot outside the Lair again!"

Devourer's ultimate: Thrist -> Thirst

Last edited:
Level 22
Yes, but he can't use those items if he's at near-constantly at 0 mana.

His first ability does give him mana back, but because of the negative regen the net gain between two uses is about 10, when item spells can cost 100 or more (and of course you need to use it on an enemy, which isn't always convenient).

Maybe set it so he has no mana regen outside of those abilities, but isn't constantly losing mana?

If you're keeping the mana loss, then the tooltip should say that he has negative mana regen instead of 150% slower.

Warlock's book should be made to work on Felguards summoned by the Demon's Blood item since it says "target demon".

Reduce max mana by 100 per use? On a temporary summon? Seems to me it's far more efficient to just use the demon as a suicidal distraction.

Doom Guard's summoning doesn't take 5 seconds. Also, why "in a row"? He doesn't seem to have Shockwave or Carrion Swarm.

Dang, NH Doom Guard gives no XP. You really thought of everything.

Why do numbers (1/20, 2/20) appear above the Warlock when summoning Dreadstalkers?

Dreadstalkers' ability should be set to autocast on summoning.

Death Coil tooltip values show 0, missing "seconds" from the cooldown.

For the Gunsmith: "I'll never set foot outside the Lair again!"

Devourer's ultimate: Thrist -> Thirst
  1. Hm. In my last game I was availiable to use them propely, but anyway - thank for tip!
  2. Really? If I remember - it returns a small amout of mana, but returns :D Otherwise I agree -> 'll power ability up;
  3. Hero design is trying to give some choise - you can complete current campaign without any rare or uncommon item, or you'll try to find out some small-priced in mana active items and synergise them with your hero spells;
  4. I'll correct description of special spell, thank for tip;
Warlock:
  1. Oh. I forgot them! (And summonable felhunters from cursed item too :D) Thank you for advice, 'll check it up!
  2. Yeah, seems far from being effective item. I'll check it up and try to resolve that balance problem;
  3. It's from old item description - I'll remove it anyway. And what do you mean in "in a row"?
  4. :D
  5. Qiraj Warlock uses a special ability leveling - If you want to lvl-up your ability, you need to use it more, up to [/x] number (in reality up to [/x+1], but it doesn't matter). When you're reach up a limit, ability will lvl-up;
  6. I thought about that, but currently no plans about that;
  7. I'll correct it;
  8. Sure, I agree with your tip - I'll use it!
  9. +

Level 28
Using the ability returns more than 10 mana, but by the time the cooldown resets Xorrax's mana has dropped to what it was on first casting +10.

Doomstaff's tooltip says the Doomguard "attacks everyone in a row".

The sludge monster-filled area seems to be referred to by a lot of different synonyms- Sewage, Drains, Dross... I'd recommend sticking to one (e.g. Sewage Ponds).

Dreamseeker quest completed: "you deserve them" -> "you deserve it"

Duskbat Drape tooltip: "damage will show you up" -> "damage taken will reveal you"

Blackstone Ring and Underworld Band have the same icon.

Skullax quest:
Is it flintscale or flintdigger? Both are used.
Old Digger still uses Centaur tooltip.
Thankful -> Thank you (then again, if he's supposed to be drunk you could keep it as-is)

One Shrine response was "Turned into sheep" but nothing happened.

Earthy Egg/Hatchling -> ?

Level 22
Using the ability returns more than 10 mana, but by the time the cooldown resets Xorrax's mana has dropped to what it was on first casting +10.

Doomstaff's tooltip says the Doomguard "attacks everyone in a row".

The sludge monster-filled area seems to be referred to by a lot of different synonyms- Sewage, Drains, Dross... I'd recommend sticking to one (e.g. Sewage Ponds).

Dreamseeker quest completed: "you deserve them" -> "you deserve it"

Duskbat Drape tooltip: "damage will show you up" -> "damage taken will reveal you"

Blackstone Ring and Underworld Band have the same icon.

Skullax quest:
Is it flintscale or flintdigger? Both are used.
Old Digger still uses Centaur tooltip.
Thankful -> Thank you (then again, if he's supposed to be drunk you could keep it as-is)

One Shrine response was "Turned into sheep" but nothing happened.

Earthy Egg/Hatchling -> ?
  1. Seems like a balance bug! I'll check it and try to balance it in appropriative way;
  2. Hah, I really didn't check it. Okay, I'll correct it anyway;
  3. Yeah, but to clarify: Sewage/Downpour is a location ABOVE subzone "Downpour", so I'll correct it. Downpour is a subzone, in which you go in "Overlord Verdict"-quest;
  4. Fix it;
  5. Heh, auto-translation miss. I'll fix it;
  6. It's a normal situation, because I don't want import THOUSANDS of BTN files to make all items different. So in some situations I re-use some icons;
Skullax quest (It's not a quest, but ok):
  1. Flintdigger;
  2. I'll correct it;
  3. Yeah, he supposed to be a drunken qiraj :D
General:
  1. Those shrines have strange bugs: some of their abilities work in time, some not. And in my last game Xorrax, when used a shrine, turned into a sheep, but sometimes not -> I'll try to figure out what going on;
  2. How I can call those worms?

Level 28
Ah, I see. Maybe have a map NPC/signboard that pings the different areas and what they're called to help distinguish them?

Creeper Egg and Creeper Hatchling?

Doomguard doesn't seem to use its abilities when summoned.

One of the notices (either for the caravan or the brume) mentions a monster with big eyes. Except the model has no eyes.

Level 22
Ah, I see. Maybe have a map NPC/signboard that pings the different areas and what they're called to help distinguish them?

Creeper Egg and Creeper Hatchling?

Doomguard doesn't seem to use its abilities when summoned.

One of the notices (either for the caravan or the brume) mentions a monster with big eyes. Except the model has no eyes.
  1. Good suggestion! I'll think about it;
  2. Maybe... But isn't current names more... Correct?
  3. Seems he spawning in non-player clan... I'll check it out;
  4. Monster with big eyes? It's a Brume monster. Look, he have 1 big eye and many small on his body!

Level 28
Earthy means made of earth, so unless these are literally clumps of dirt in the shape of a worm...

Killed a Place of Power, but nothing happened.

Brought the bloodsucker head to the captain and the quest completed, but it set off the Flashback quest dialogues again (without dropping the emerald at least).
"from here" -> "from"
award -> reward
Xorrax's last line is untranslated.

Level 22
Earthy means made of earth, so unless these are literally clumps of dirt in the shape of a worm...

Killed a Place of Power, but nothing happened.

Brought the bloodsucker head to the captain and the quest completed, but it set off the Flashback quest dialogues again (without dropping the emerald at least).
"from here" -> "from"
award -> reward
Xorrax's last line is untranslated.
  1. Maybe...
  2. Maybe you didin't saw it, but destroying place of power will reward you with 50-100 EXP for your heroes;
  3. Did you talked to captain with letter from "Flashback" earlier then you tooked bloodsucker head? If yes - bug. Otherwise it's a feature;
  4. I'll correct it;
  5. +;
  6. +;

Level 28
I did, that's why I said it triggered again.

Dreamweed is sometimes called dreamfoil.

Fogler's roar should be louder, I barely heard it above the music.
Huh. Fogler does have a big eye, completely missed it the first time.
Warlock disappeared after he'd finished the ritual, was that supposed to happen? Left me to take the monsters alone, and I got swamped.

Level 22
I did, that's why I said it triggered again.

Dreamweed is sometimes called dreamfoil.

Fogler's roar should be louder, I barely heard it above the music.
Huh. Fogler does have a big eye, completely missed it the first time.
Warlock disappeared after he'd finished the ritual, was that supposed to happen? Left me to take the monsters alone, and I got swamped.
  1. Okay... Because currently I messing up with patch notes, if this bug remained - I'll fix it in other patch;
  2. Seems like a synonyms error;
  3. Hm, I'll think about it;
  4. :D
  5. Yes, he's supposed to disappear, because Xorrax says something like "And now we will fight alone in dark".

Level 28
(As Hunter)

Title drop is still off-center (the first three words are aligned, the fourth isn't).

Accelerated Circulation tooltip is still all 0s.
Recklessness doesn't have a sound or visual effect.

Testroom creates a new Training Dummy every time you repick.

Oh man. Test spawns can drop items. Not sure the stat boosts stay, but the added gold does, started with 2100.

Cursed coins should have floating text or a warning message saying the effect they have.

Voidfiend (possibly Shadowfiend as well) timer reads Water Elemental.

Rune of Firestrom -> Firestorm.

Greedy Gold Nugget has no description.

Tomes:
  • Humulity -> Humility
  • Impending Doom: recieves -> receives; Says the hero gets +2 to all ATT. Stats? Attack?

Spellcasting runes description (Firestorm, Rejuvenation...) use <data> instead of numbers.

Tried to pick up a Rune of Rejuvenation as 0-mana Devourer, it told me I couldn't use it due to mana. Same for Corrupted Rune of Roar.

Zara cutscene:
  • Standard Warcraft music starts playing, then is replaced by the map music.
  • Maybe have the camera focus on the queen to show her flying aimlessly when Zara mentions it.

No mana restor- ah, ok, the alchemist sells them now.

Does the Buyer's stock get randomized after a while or does he sell the same things for the entire duration of the game?

Quartermaster:
  • After the first and last cutscenes, Poisonclaw disappeared (he was brought back at the end of Zara and the dreamwalker's cinematics).
  • Fake coins description says Azeroth, did they call it that back then?
  • "suddenly it is still out there somewhere" -> ?
  • Arest -> Arrest
  • He even gives you gold! What a nice man- er, arachnid.

Warlock acquired message should mention that his spells grow stronger the more you cast them.

Last edited:
Level 22
(As Hunter)

Title drop is still off-center (the first three words are aligned, the fourth isn't).

Accelerated Circulation tooltip is still all 0s.
Recklessness doesn't have a sound or visual effect.

Testroom creates a new Training Dummy every time you repick.

Oh man. Test spawns can drop items. Not sure the stat boosts stay, but the added gold does, started with 2100.

Cursed coins should have floating text or a warning message saying the effect they have.

Voidfiend (possibly Shadowfiend as well) timer reads Water Elemental.

Rune of Firestrom -> Firestorm.

Greedy Gold Nugget has no description.

Tomes:
  • Humulity -> Humility
  • Impending Doom: recieves -> receives; Says the hero gets +2 to all ATT. Stats? Attack?

Spellcasting runes description (Firestorm, Rejuvenation...) use <data> instead of numbers.

Tried to pick up a Rune of Rejuvenation as 0-mana Devourer, it told me I couldn't use it due to mana. Same for Corrupted Rune of Roar.

Zara cutscene:
  • Standard Warcraft music starts playing, then is replaced by the map music.
  • Maybe have the camera focus on the queen to show her flying aimlessly when Zara mentions it.

No mana restor- ah, ok, the alchemist sells them now.

Does the Buyer's stock get randomized after a while or does he sell the same things for the entire duration of the game?

Quartermaster:
  • After the first and last cutscenes, Poisonclaw disappeared (he was brought back at the end of Zara and the dreamwalker's cinematics).
  • Fake coins description says Azeroth, did they call it that back then?
  • "suddenly it is still out there somewhere" -> ?
  • Arest -> Arrest
  • He even gives you gold! What a nice man- er, arachnid.

Warlock acquired message should mention that his spells grow stronger the more you cast them.
General:
  1. After all I want to change it to one-line message, anyway;
  2. 'll fix it;
  3. Hm... I'll check it up;
  4. And they all placing in one point? Bad! I'll try to figure out and fix it;
  5. Because they're from neutral clan, so they'll drop. I'll change it;
  6. As for me, nothing advocates you to take them. Sure, you see a coin, that would give you 40-120 gold, but you'll feel cursed. Do you really want decrease your hero ATT, recieving only 40? I'm not sure. So you can use all "red colored" items at your own risk;
  7. Not a bug, because they're summoned by dummy spell, but I'll correct it;
  8. :D Misspelling;
  9. Really? Strange, but I'll check it out anyway;
Tomes:
  1. Again... Thank you for report, I'll correct it in nearest future!
  2. ATT means STR, AGI, INT. I don't want to print STR, AGI, INT in line, because it's longer than ATT or ATB (Hero Attributes);
General-2:
  1. Hm, seems like a bug; I'll fix it!
  2. Maybe because runes use your MP too... Hm, I'll correct it;
Zara-1 Cinematic + Buyer:
  1. Some strange happens with music, but currently I'll work on fix other problem than music;
  2. I agree with - I'll add it in nearest update;
  3. His stock limited for 6-7 items, so If you don't buy something, buyer wouldn't update his stock exchange;
Quatermaster:
  1. And maybe storage too. Strange, because I remember that I fixed it, but anyway - fix it;
  2. Blizzard told us nothing about what name for planet was given in Shat'Yar, so I decided to use Azeroth. And when general Kith'ix was defeated by United Zandalari Front, aqir were forced to adopt foreigner names of continents and so-on, because they faced cultural destruction and humulation. So after thousand years, silithids and qiraji still use foreigner namespace. You may ask - local N'raqi use it? No. They isolated their nation from others in kingdom, remaining in "aristocratic" class today... But in campaign timeline, some traditions already start breaking;
  3. Strange quote... Xorrax maybe meant that Hooks is still nearby, but... I'll check it;
  4. Fix it;
  5. If you arrested him, in next act you can see him, when you visit city prison. Also he'll offer you a new deal, he-he...
Warlock:
  1. I agree with you - fix it.

Level 28
Training Dummies: they get added next to each other so they're probably trying to be added to the same spot.

Cursed coins: Not on the coins themselves, but just text in some form saying "-1 STR", "-1 INT", etc. when used.

ATT: I wouldn't have guessed that, maybe use "stats" instead.

By the way, the changes to the intro made the exile situation much clearer. Now it's the cleric who sounds disjointed.

Lazyness -> Laziness

Is there a penalty for attacking cursed items?

About the Deadborn (-> Stillborn?) Chrysalis: What does "the item is not transferred" mean?

Three times in a row I had to reload because a creep decided to respawn right next to the almost-dead heroes, not to mention when they join in on fights where you're already outnumbered. Please stop them from respawning so damn close to the heroes.

Doomguard can aggro coal eaters and neutral NPCs (Heggen the Mighty switched to the hostile Neutral player and remained hostile afterwards).

There was a red exclamation mark with no text for the Warlock (probably saying the felhounds have leveled up).

Warlock can't attack Ancient Tomb ("must target organic unit").

Ice/Fire spear doesn't say how much mana it costs to use.

Level 22
Training Dummies: they get added next to each other so they're probably trying to be added to the same spot.

Cursed coins: Not on the coins themselves, but just text in some form saying "-1 STR", "-1 INT", etc. when used.

ATT: I wouldn't have guessed that, maybe use "stats" instead.

By the way, the changes to the intro made the exile situation much clearer. Now it's the cleric who sounds disjointed.

Lazyness -> Laziness

Is there a penalty for attacking cursed items?

About the Deadborn (-> Stillborn?) Chrysalis: What does "the item is not transferred" mean?

Three times in a row I had to reload because a creep decided to respawn right next to the almost-dead heroes, not to mention when they join in on fights where you're already outnumbered. Please stop them from respawning so damn close to the heroes.

Doomguard can aggro coal eaters and neutral NPCs (Heggen the Mighty switched to the hostile Neutral player and remained hostile afterwards).

There was a red exclamation mark with no text for the Warlock (probably saying the felhounds have leveled up).

Warlock can't attack Ancient Tomb ("must target organic unit").

Ice/Fire spear doesn't say how much mana it costs to use.
  1. Okay, I already correct it, but I wait until someone will be stucked in unplayble error, thank you for submission;
  2. STR is strenght, INT - intelliegnce, AGI - agility. So I using it because it's faster to read and understand (IMO);
  3. Stats, good idea? Maybe STA or STT?
  4. But I added 1 quote to priest that Almighty showed him a vision of corrupted sewers, so he decided to clean them up (like normal priest - trying to do some exorcism stuff);
  5. Fix it!
  6. Each cursed item have an unique effect - necro-book will heal every Undead that item hero attack, shoulders will dmg hero when he damages enemy, level of which lower than hero etc;
  7. It's a warning that item could cause some transitions bugs;
  8. Currently I have zero plans of changing concept of enemy respawn, but I know - that sh@t is really frustruating. I'll try to figure out some temporary resolve for that problem, but no big changes until Act 2 release;
  9. Hmm... Seems he's still SO angry :D I'll fix it;
  10. Hm... I'll check, why Tomb is marked as "organic";
  11. Tooltip issure, I'll correct it;
Thank you for your reports!
You're really helping me alot with fixing, because something I can't saw in my own testings :D

PS: Currently I'm working on another translation of my campaign, that was developed in... Other genre.
Stay tuned!
You'll see it when I release it.

Level 28
No problem.

Cleric: It's hard to explain precisely, but the impression I got from him was "Get me my rosary back so I can perform the ritual" instead of just sending you to do it for him. Also involving some guy called Herod, who was mentioned by Zara. Could you maybe send me the text of that cutscene so I can explain it better?

Felhounds summoned from the felhound item have mana but don't need it.

So while I've seen a lot more gold drops, I haven't seen any tomes that boost your stats, only those that lower them. I haven't picked up any of them, and can't say I see the point in having them (or do they lower one stat but boost the other two?).

Level 22
No problem.

Cleric: It's hard to explain precisely, but the impression I got from him was "Get me my rosary back so I can perform the ritual" instead of just sending you to do it for him. Also involving some guy called Herod, who was mentioned by Zara. Could you maybe send me the text of that cutscene so I can explain it better?

Felhounds summoned from the felhound item have mana but don't need it.

So while I've seen a lot more gold drops, I haven't seen any tomes that boost your stats, only those that lower them. I haven't picked up any of them, and can't say I see the point in having them (or do they lower one stat but boost the other two?).
  1. Ehm... Yes, but actually priest told Xorrax that his Thousand-Eye Order gived a mission to clean up sewers from corruption, but yeah, I agree with you that some quotes in cinematic doesn't match each other;
  2. Hm, I'll check it!
  3. For now I want to make more golden drops than stats boost, because you can grind-up stats and became OP, so in next Acts you'll easy kill all enemies, even if their lvl far more than yours. So no changes to current concept in near future, only maybe I'll move cursed tomes to other lvl drop category, so they'd drop rarely than gold coins.

Level 28
Captain still retriggers the completed Flashback quest when given the Bloodsucker's head.

Conversation with the Pathfinder doesn't trigger anything. Is he the guy to talk to in order to kill the tornado monster?

Death Coil level-up message is also an exclamation mark.

Shrine message: losed -> lost

Does Poisonclaw get abilities beyond level 1 as Xorrax gains levels?

Level 22
Captain still retriggers the completed Flashback quest when given the Bloodsucker's head.

Conversation with the Pathfinder doesn't trigger anything. Is he the guy to talk to in order to kill the tornado monster?

Death Coil level-up message is also an exclamation mark.

Shrine message: losed -> lost

Does Poisonclaw get abilities beyond level 1 as Xorrax gains levels?
  1. Strange... I'll check it;
  2. Bug;
  3. Bug;
  4. Fix it;
  5. You need to re-summon him to apply ability level changes (most of his ability lvls counted by next formula: Xorrax LVL / 5);

Level 28
Is he supposed to gain life as well? Xorrax is level 7 but Poisonclaw only has 750 HP and level 2 upgrades.

Just my opinion, but it looks weird for the Corrupted Dryad to not turn towards enemies and die instead of flashing out like regular summons. Maybe replace the model with a ward that doesn't need to rotate to attack?

Probably related to the Doomguard bug, Heggen seemed to go into a seizure, he kept moving but didn't attack, and whenever I tried to select him he was instantly deselected (if you're far enough away from him that he doesn't move to attack you he can be selected). He also doesn't take damage.

Grotto:
Wasps accumulated around one nest even before I'd gone to the library (it was hard to tell due to the light, but it looked like it was spawning several at a time. Felt like it at least).

Had a treasure chest softlock, this time after the chest opened but it wouldn't respond to pressing up.

Level 22
Is he supposed to gain life as well? Xorrax is level 7 but Poisonclaw only has 750 HP and level 2 upgrades.

Just my opinion, but it looks weird for the Corrupted Dryad to not turn towards enemies and die instead of flashing out like regular summons. Maybe replace the model with a ward that doesn't need to rotate to attack?

Probably related to the Doomguard bug, Heggen seemed to go into a seizure, he kept moving but didn't attack, and whenever I tried to select him he was instantly deselected (if you're far enough away from him that he doesn't move to attack you he can be selected). He also doesn't take damage.

Grotto:
Wasps accumulated around one nest even before I'd gone to the library (it was hard to tell due to the light, but it looked like it was spawning several at a time. Felt like it at least).

Had a treasure chest softlock, this time after the chest opened but it wouldn't respond to pressing up.
  1. Not yet, but I think that I should add in next update;
  2. Heh, I agree with you about that - she looks like... dumb. Maybe I'll replace her with something other like corrupted ancient protector or so-on;
Grotto:
  1. They can do some strange things and sometimes they can bug in spawn area (because they attacks hero using unit order range, so they'd return back after sometime). I'll try to figure out what I can do with them;
  2. Hmm... Seems a bug, but I'll check it anyway!

Level 28
Wasp nests are definitely summoning huge amounts of wasps in a few seconds.

Hunter Xorrax can't attack air (even with a Burning Spear). I thought he could, since there are some wasps on the main map.

Summoned Felhound Mana Burn takes off 88 mana, not 100 (tooltip).

I dunno about "Cobblestone", since it's not a natural type of stone.

Level 22
Wasp nests are definitely summoning huge amounts of wasps in a few seconds.

Hunter Xorrax can't attack air (even with a Burning Spear). I thought he could, since there are some wasps on the main map.

Summoned Felhound Mana Burn takes off 88 mana, not 100 (tooltip).

I dunno about "Cobblestone", since it's not a natural type of stone.
  1. Thank you for your complain - I know that they spawns HUGE amount of wasps and I think that I should remove spawning of attacking wasps and make them "ground" units, so all of your heroes + summons be able to attack them;
  2. Hm... Currently only in 1 place you can see air enemies (Grotto) and in next update wasps will be fixed, so Xorrax don't need it anyway. Although, Burning Spear is bug;
  3. Hm, strange that tooltip... Wait, tooltip in spell or item? Otherwise, I'll correct it!
  4. :slp:

Level 28
Captain still redoes the flashback quest when you give him the bloodsucker's head.

Pathfinder and air elemental bossfight work now (although if you have Xorrax's pet, he and the elemental spend some time attacking each other while the heroes are still immobile).

Does the golem drop the amulet even if you didn't talk to the pathfinder?

Level 22
Captain still redoes the flashback quest when you give him the bloodsucker's head.

Pathfinder and air elemental bossfight work now (although if you have Xorrax's pet, he and the elemental spend some time attacking each other while the heroes are still immobile).

Does the golem drop the amulet even if you didn't talk to the pathfinder?
  • Oh... Okay, I'll check it again, thank you for report;
  • Not a bug, but I count it as mini-mistake;
  • Ehm... Amulet doesn't drops from golem champion as I remember. It's spawns in random zone in air elemental area;

Level 28
Still getting locked on unsuccessful (and sometimes successful) treasure chests.

"enveloped in depths" -> ?

Finished the dreamwalking quest, but the dreamwalker still has a big exclamation mark (clicking and Conversation does nothing).

Xorrax still gets a "can't attack air units" when targeting Guardian Wasps (Sunken Wasps can be targeted).

Ooh, mimics. Nice.

A chest contained a barrier shield but it turned into a solstice staff after pressing up.

Level 22
Still getting locked on unsuccessful (and sometimes successful) treasure chests.

"enveloped in depths" -> ?

Finished the dreamwalking quest, but the dreamwalker still has a big exclamation mark (clicking and Conversation does nothing).

Xorrax still gets a "can't attack air units" when targeting Guardian Wasps (Sunken Wasps can be targeted).

Ooh, mimics. Nice.

A chest contained a barrier shield but it turned into a solstice staff after pressing up.
  • That chest unlocked system was "borrowed" from The Last Guardian campaign, but anyway - I'll try to figure out what's going on. Maybe you've done unlocking part so fast? Try to do it more calmly, because
    all chests in Act 1 have same order of opening (Left - Right - Left - Right, as I remember);
  • What do you mean in that?
  • Hm... Maybe she didn't deleted it, but anyway - thank you for report!
  • Those wasps... So many problems from them :vw_unimpressed:. But anyway, I'll fix it;
  • I though that you've encountered them before :D
  • Yep... Sometimes random can be re-rolled after you've pressed "UP". It's a bug, but currently I dunno how to fix it, sorry. But I'll try to figure out!

Level 28
The Deep Fathom ring says it envelops the caster in depths. No idea what that means.

Got one! The Black Malice item says it has an orb effect, and lets Xorrax kill the summoned wasps.

Devourer's chest didn't drop anything, it just exploded when attacked.

Found the GA-HA-LAZ obelisks, but it doesn't seem to trigger anything if I stand in front of them, click on them or go back to the runestone.

Level 22
The Deep Fathom ring says it envelops the caster in depths. No idea what that means.

Got one! The Black Malice item says it has an orb effect, and lets Xorrax kill the summoned wasps.

Devourer's chest didn't drop anything, it just exploded when attacked.

Found the GA-HA-LAZ obelisks, but it doesn't seem to trigger anything if I stand in front of them, click on them or go back to the runestone.
  • Ehm... It should use "Frost Armor"-like spell but currently it's missing, will fix it;
  • Glad to here it! :D
  • Damn, I though that they'd drop it normal... Anyway, it's a bug - I'll fix it;
  • Try to figure out, what mean message from Runestone about "3 words" :B

Level 28
Lakeboss:
  • Got it to work, but it should be a sidequest containing the relevant information since the log had long since filled up with other messages.
  • Lake boss should be reachable by melee units.
  • Maybe use a different method of triggering the bossfight, because typing the trigger phrase with spaces just zooms the camera forward and can lead to the impression that it's not the right way to trigger it (typing it all lowercase triggers the fight, but also zooms the camera into the ground).
  • Beat phase 1, but when the phase 2 timer ended it got stuck on 0:40 (possibly because I didn't kill all the tentacles in time?) and the tentacles kept spawning.

Oh, new version. Going to try it.

Will there be a way to skip cinematics in future versions?

Level 22
Lakeboss:
  • Got it to work, but it should be a sidequest containing the relevant information since the log had long since filled up with other messages.
  • Lake boss should be reachable by melee units.
  • Maybe use a different method of triggering the bossfight, because typing the trigger phrase with spaces just zooms the camera forward and can lead to the impression that it's not the right way to trigger it (typing it all lowercase triggers the fight, but also zooms the camera into the ground).
  • Beat phase 1, but when the phase 2 timer ended it got stuck on 0:40 (possibly because I didn't kill all the tentacles in time?) and the tentacles kept spawning.

Oh, new version. Going to try it.

Will there be a way to skip cinematics in future versions?
Lakeboss:
  • It's a secret boss: if player want to start encounter, he should remember those words, so currently no sidequest for it. But anyway - I agree with you;
  • He isn't? Men, and I ever placed those invisible platformes on water... Bug;
  • Currently if you don't wanna mess with camera, you can write word only in upcase. But I agree with you and thank you for your complain;
  • Are those tentacles small ones or eyed/big? And "phase 2" timer is called "phase 2" or "enrage"? If you can - clarify it, please!

General
  • In old russian version I used a cinematic skips, but currently I use a system from Dwarf/Gnoul Campaign, so no changes in near future.

Level 28
On 1.1.26:

Nnnnnnope, giving the Captain the Bloodsucker's head still retriggers the Flashback quest.
Guardian Wasps are still classified as air.
If you had the Warlock when going into the grotto, he's invulnerable but can't move when returning. Full control returned after saying Yes to Overlord's Verdict.
One of Zara's lines is untranslated (only the punctuation shows up) in the cutscene after returning from the grotto.
Captain still has no mana for his Howl of Terror.

Eyeball:
Boss and two tentacles were already present when my troops entered the arena.
Cleric still doesn't participate in the fight, and the portal doesn't appear when he says so.

Good news! The transition works.
Maybe have Xorrax comment that the priest isn't there when he first arrives along with after killing the first few enemies.

I wish I could say I worked out the obelisk puzzle with reason and logic, like a rational human being. Good job on this one.

Xarks key: "inscribed on it with" -> "inscribed with"

Manipulation device's trigger zone should be bigger.

Anubisath one was fun but short.

Dungeon Keeper minigame:
Ability tooltips are bugged.
Two of the learned abilities have missing tooltips and use placeholder icons, one mentions Xorrax.
Why 2 Divine Shields?
Gates should go down in one or two hits.

... Not seeing what
ERORD
is an anagram of.

Level 22
On 1.1.26:

Nnnnnnope, giving the Captain the Bloodsucker's head still retriggers the Flashback quest.
Guardian Wasps are still classified as air.
If you had the Warlock when going into the grotto, he's invulnerable but can't move when returning. Full control returned after saying Yes to Overlord's Verdict.
One of Zara's lines is untranslated (only the punctuation shows up) in the cutscene after returning from the grotto.
Captain still has no mana for his Howl of Terror.

Eyeball:
Boss and two tentacles were already present when my troops entered the arena.
Cleric still doesn't participate in the fight, and the portal doesn't appear when he says so.

Good news! The transition works.
Maybe have Xorrax comment that the priest isn't there when he first arrives along with after killing the first few enemies.

I wish I could say I worked out the obelisk puzzle with reason and logic, like a rational human being. Good job on this one.

Xarks key: "inscribed on it with" -> "inscribed with"

Manipulation device's trigger zone should be bigger.

Anubisath one was fun but short.

Dungeon Keeper minigame:
Ability tooltips are bugged.
Two of the learned abilities have missing tooltips and use placeholder icons, one mentions Xorrax.
Why 2 Divine Shields?
Gates should go down in one or two hits.

... Not seeing what
ERORD
is an anagram of.
General:
  • Strange... I completed quest "Flashback" and after it completed "Deadend" - captain properly said his quotes for "Deadend"-finish and nothing else. I'll check it again;
  • Strange... I could attack them with Xorrax;
  • It's a weird and strange bug - I'll try to figure out what's going on!
  • Eh... I have a feeling that 1.31 x86 and 1.31 x86_64 could be related to that and errors above... But I'll check it again!
  • I'll correct it;
'Eyeball'-boss:
  • Because when you load up your game, all of hidden data could be unhidden for some reason. It's not a bug, but looks weird, yeah;
  • Priest doesn't participate in fight. He would stay in specific area and try to summon a portal (but why it didn't show, that's a question);
Downpour:
  • About translation of key - I'll correct it;
  • About manipulation zone - I'll correct it;
Downpour "Dungeon Keeper":
  • First of all when I wrote that answer to you, I looked into his spell book and... My god, it's filled with anything but not with his spells! He shouldn't have an learning abilities because he levels his spells like Newborne in Tutorial part of Act 1 - by recieving new lvl!
  • I'll correct it;
  • As I mentioned above;
  • Does they... Oh, I agree with you! I'll correct it anyway;
ERORD is anagram for ORDER.

Level 22
1.1.14 is the latest one? I went with the one that said 1.1.26 because I thought that was the latest one (it would explain why I keep seeing the same bugs). I'll rearrange my maps so I only have the latest version visible.

D'OH!!!

I could have spent hours on that and still not gotten it. Thanks.
Just to clarify - look into campaign description in WC3. For current version it's look like:
Version 1.1.1405 ENG.png

Level 28
Yep, it works now.

Poisonclaw summon tooltip: "receive UP" -> "increase" or "gain a level".

If the Warlock uses the Scorpid Slime item on the Alchemist, the item is consumed but the web stays and the Alchemist stays where he is.

There should be a way to reinitialize the Buyer's stock, as it's possible for him to sell Gold Bars (150 gold to get 120 gold?) and negative tomes.

Evocator's Blade: "making it eternal" -> ?

Just before the eyeball boss: It's possible for a border guard or other unit to get stuck between the guard and wizard who stay with the scout, making it impossible to progress even if you kill him. Now I get to restart the whole thing again.

Level 22
Yep, it works now.

Poisonclaw summon tooltip: "receive UP" -> "increase" or "gain a level".

If the Warlock uses the Scorpid Slime item on the Alchemist, the item is consumed but the web stays and the Alchemist stays where he is.

There should be a way to reinitialize the Buyer's stock, as it's possible for him to sell Gold Bars (150 gold to get 120 gold?) and negative tomes.

Evocator's Blade: "making it eternal" -> ?

Just before the eyeball boss: It's possible for a border guard or other unit to get stuck between the guard and wizard who stay with the scout, making it impossible to progress even if you kill him. Now I get to restart the whole thing again.
  • I got it;
  • Bug, because currently only Xorrax can free alchemist from web prison. I'll correct it!
  • Eh... Yeah, looks like a "Trade Offer" meme :D But I agree with you about it, I'll try to figure out a best solution;
  • Makes a summoned unit permanent, so it'd die after some time;
  • Sometimes they can bug in that way, yeah... Maybe I'll make them "transparent" in some way, so they would freely pass through heroes and warriors.

Level 28
A particularly weird one: I'd just restarted the campaign from the menu, saved and quit just after skipping the prologue, and when I reloaded (without changing anything to the files) it told me the save was on a different version.

Notice board ping should show the northen one too.

Scolopendra's Infest tooltip just reads "On death".

Southern library wall needs to be plugged or be made destructible, units still try to go through the invincible rocks.

Proof of Guilty -> Proof of Guilt

After Xorrax says "Hivelord...", Zara's line is untranslated.

Leaving grotto:
The priest's line should trigger on the map change, or he should be teleported if the player uses his hearthstone without triggering the line.
Hearthstone hint still mentions the hearthstone item.

On returning to the captain and priest: prepaed -> prepared

Sewer labs:

Obelisks of commerce: 2 +1 STR items, but one costs 150 gold and the other 50?

Riddles:
Riddles don't have a sender (one of them starts with ":" but has no name in front).
"entities DERRO" -> "entities of DERRO"
When finished, Xorrax should say "I need to", not "You need to".

Drossed Mass -> ?

Alchemy:
Midnight + Restoration recipe appears twice.
After completing the potion, the hint is untranslated.

Teleporter might be bugged, there were several times when a unit was told to go to the other side and went through it instead and stopped moving.

Lurker message: thick -> depths

"answer to the riddle must be in the same language" -> ?

Second Azorgras riddle: isn't it
ton
? I've tried that in lowercase, uppercase, with the British spelling, but nothing's happening.