• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Call of Duty: Battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Call of Duty
Battlefield

Introduction
Call of Duty: Battlefield is going to be a Battle.Net Multiplayer shooting game, where players are placed into war environments, with war-like sounds and cities, villages, and areas that are desecrated by warfare. You can choose through ranks of Armor, Weapons, Grenades, and even Buffs.

This game, to help it seem a little more war-like, the maximum amount of players ingame will be 12. Also, there will be an AI for each team, where armies of men charge at eachother and fight, and defend. A round ends when the time limit reaches zero, or when the enemies Main Headquarters is destroyed. Headquarters are placed depending on the environment you are fighting in.

On initial release, there are going to be at least 2-4 Battlefields you can fight in, few with seperate gaming modes. The game modes will be, Hold the Flags, Free For All, and Team Deathmatch.

Game Modes
Free For All - Players will be able to through a few maps, and fight in combat, all going against eachother, the person with the most kills after the 5 minute timer wins.
Free For All (Hardcore) - Players will be able to go through a few maps, just like FFA, but there will be no respawning in Hardcore difficulties, and last man standing wins.
FFA Limitations
FFA can only be played in 'LARGE' sized maps.
Hold the Flags - Players are team-locked, and will have to capture and defend flags to get points, the points the players have to reach to win is 50. There is also no timer.
Team Deathmatch - Players are team-locked, and will have to fight in combat, all going against eachother, the team with the most kills wins. Non-Player Character deaths will go against your score, so fight together and do not die.

Weapons (Note: There are going to be alot more weapons than listed!)
AK-47
Effectivity: Medium - Close Range
Ammo Casing Limit to 3 Reloads (150 Bullets per Load)

M4A1
Effectivity: Long Range
Ammo Casing Limit to 5 Reloads (100 Bullets per Load)

Physics
Vehicles
Vehicles, when driven, are capable of going distances, crushing enemies from below, but are limited to gasoline, which is not replenishable in-game, until the next round starts.

Vehicles, are prone to spin out, crash into buildings, which is NOT good. It can also run over allies, which can result in a penalty to the driver.

So, vehicles will be balanced out in combat.

Shooting
While shooting, you can score headshots, and much more, you can shoot from long distances, some walls are not bullet-stoppers, which means the bullet will go straight through them. Bullets also retain at the same height you shoot them at until they begin to slow down.

....more information will be released soon....

Note: I will try not to abandon this project like the others, Mythe ORPG was really close to finishing, but I lost the map because my computer screwed up.

Attachments

• CoD1.jpg
    CoD1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 159
  • CoD2.jpg
    CoD2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 174
  • CoD3.jpg
    CoD3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 165
Level 11
Theres no way in heck thats going to be multiplayer. Too many custom models. The maximum map size for battle.net is around 4mb. Anymore and it won't let you host it.

If you need to make your map smaller, look up vexorian's optimizer.

Last edited:
Level 13
Theres no way in heck thats going to be multiplayer. Too many custom models. The maximum map size for battle.net is around 5mb. Anymore and it won't let you host it.

Why not??
You can get a lot of custom content into a map with some optimization and tweaking. There are tools for map size reduction, you can resize textures (much textures look quite good in lowers sizes too), etc...
For example this map (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44057) has very much custom content and is at about 2.5MB.

Just by looking at the pictures I'd say there is definitely enough potential for some more cool custom stuff.

So this really looks interesting!

Especially it's nice to see a good usage of lights and shadow fx (what doesn't happen too often).
Well, keep it up and try to finish it! I'm looking forward any updates.

Level 8
Thanks for the comments and, this map at the moment is only at 1256KB in size, if you don't know what that is, 1.1mb pretty much. I also have most of the stuff I need also, I'm also searching for more stuff if necessary though =)

Im also the guy who loves to focus on a low-map size, and higher map detail :p

Level 8
Bad news.

My computer messed up again.

So, I'm probally going to stop mapping forever now, this is just pissing me off honestly. I re-formatted my computer for the following reason:

Windows XP would not pass the startup screens.

I did run all that I could, so I honestly had no choice, so I reformatted. Sorry about this Q_Q

It came really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.