• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlefield: Insurgency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
multiclassingul9.jpg

Currently in: Preparations for Alpha Release
Current Terrain Completed: 20% (Only 20% available in Alpha)
Game Mechanics: ~85% complete
Classes and Abilities: 24% Complete

is a third person shooter map set in a desert, starting in a small mountain pass and working it's way through an isolated city and finally to open desert. Designed to be a 3v3 + multi-player game, No AI currently planned.

Screenshots

=======================================================
Four available game modes make for a diverse playing experience.

Death match
- First team to 100 kills wins. Vehicles Disabled

Capture the Flag
- First team to 3 flag captures wins. Heavy Vehicles disabled (All disabled in Alpha)

Gold Rush - The marines attempt to destroy 2 crates of gold per map stage by planting an explosive charge on the marked objectives (or by simply blowing them to hell with more conventional methods...)

Conquest - Scattered points around the map must be captured by either team in order to conserve their pool of "Tickets" (Respawns). If a team has 0 tickets remaining, or a team has no-where left to respawn, the opposing team wins
=======================================================

The map is currently being prepared for a short "Alpha" stage testing. The alpha stage testing will be targeting the following areas

- Ensuring the operation of numerous in-game engines such as the vehicle, combat language, and ability triggers that make the game work

- Making sure the camera controls for each character work properly when entering and exiting vehicles

- Rooting out various bugs and exploits in various game modes

- Balance issues

Notice: If you have experience testing maps and would like to be an alpha tester, please leave a post or a message to me saying (In good English please?) why you would be a good Alpha stage tester and what B-net server you use (Preferably US west, unless someone volunteers to organize a US east alpha testing group.)

Project workers needed!

Experienced JASS coder: needed to install a save/load system for the game that stores and loads an integer number (player experience). Honestly, I've looked at pre-made save/load systems and I can't make heads or tails of what hoop I've got to jump through to make them work for the game. May need to integrate the system into game play (-save and -load style user input commands).Also may need to write additional JASS as it's needed. Included in the "Major Producers" section of the game credits (Where I myself will be)

WC3 modeler / skinner: Needed to make better hero models than the ones currently in use, looking for a good marine and terrorist model (Pm me for details if interested) with no weapons initially attached, but a weapon set of

AK-47
Uzi
Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Machine Gun

M-16 (or other generic American assault rifle, they begin to all look the same anyway)
MP5

Included in the "Major Producers" section of the game credits

Last edited:
Level 3
It all depends on when i get called in to work, and whether or not the W editor decides to cooperate with me lol.

Look for the release sometime before the 14th

Edit: I've been called in to work every day this week, so I haven't gotten much done. I can't guarantee the release of the alpha until at least the end of the month

Last edited:
Level 2
Cool map but can you please get rid of the goldrush type mode as I know it is cool in Battlefield Bad Company it just doesn't really fit in this kind of map.
But for something else how about the marines have to save some hostages and the terrorists have to gaurd the hostages and kill the marines.

But I do like how your map is going so far.

Level 3
I actually just finished installing Gold Rush into the game. I will admit that it will be a little unbalanced in the Alpha release (Only 1 game stage available) but when the entire map becomes available, it should be just fine.

Would you care to explain what you mean by it wouldn't fit in a map like this? I play alot of bad company and besides the fact that this is in 3rd person, I think it sticks to the same principals of the mode in BF:BC

Level 2
Well the mode goldrush is like kind of dum as your fighting for gold and it works for Bad Company it really just doesnt work anywhere else even if it is a shooter it is just cooky.

And if you still dont understand trying thinking if call of duty or halo had the goldrush mode. But I wont boycott your map if you decide to keep it just my thoughts.

Level 3
I'd actually like to see something similar to gold rush in COD (I don't play halo anymore, they destroyed the melee system in Halo3). It's not so much the gold as it is the attack and defense style game play that the other modes just don't have.

If the alpha testers don't like it, I can convert it to something else like intelligence gathering (probably not...) or seizing weapons caches.

Level 2
Now weapon caches make real good sense but just do what ever you like cause it is your map and you dont have to listen to me =P.

Level 3
Update: Unless some signifigant stroke of luck comes my way, the alpha wont be released this month. Instead, I'm making a short cinematic to promote the eventual release of the game (At least for me, cinematics are easy to build in pieces, unlike game modes)

Anyway I thought i'd also share the classes I plan on making

Assault
Grenade Launcher
Auto Injector
Critical Hit

Recon
Headshot (higher chance of crit than Critical Hit)
Scope (Binocular effect)
Laser Designator (Pings targeted unit for 10 seconds)

Combat Engineer
Anti-Tank rocket
Repair
Land Mines

Medic
Medkit
Saline Transfusion
Focus Fire (+damage aura)

Support
Call Supply Drop
Road Flare
Morter Strike