• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Aeroblyctos (awesome mapper), Kitabatake (awesome modeler), FrIkY (awesome skins and icon guy) and others, wats with mass retiring? Whats the problem here? Someone fill me in here.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Actualy, the users usualy leave because:

1- They'll go to the army
or
2- They're too old for it and must wake up for the real life
or
3- Someone insulted them, and after a lot of whining, the user leaves
or
4- They're just tired of the game.

Level 26
I just complemented your comment.
Most posts complementing another don't start with "Actually", or, in your case, "Actualy".

Just throwing that out there.

Aeroblyctos stated he wasn't going to return to WCIII modding after he went to the army. Kitabatake stated that he's retiring now that he's going to the army, so, more likely than not, he's off for good. Maybe he isn't, but he probably is. FrIkY has no army to go to, and just wanted to leave, so that's that.

Other than that, either leaving the Hive is the cool thing to do nowadays, or Hive members have always been coming and going.

I have one question.

Do people carry they're warcraft 3 modding skills and make them into careers?

Such as modelling and iconning/skinning/JASSing.
That's 4.

Iconning, skinning, modelling, etc. can be used in many fields of graphic design or just plain art.
Just making maps develops your creativity and...project...stuff.
I know crap about JASS, so I won't go there.

Anyways, there's plenty of not-so-obvious life lessons you can learn from any mundane aspect of your life if it's important enough to you.

i am using my modelling skills in my school projects and so on. i am using bits of it for my folio and i am gonna put all my models together in a seperate modelling folio. hopefully, these will make up for my other weakness such as my inability to do any thinking-related stuff.

and yeah, like HFR said, people just get over games and move on or they leave on their own accord because the people on THW have been treating them like shit. and then there is the army. i too have to go to army for compulsory military training but its in few years and i am sure i'll be back anyways.

2- They're too old for it and must wake up for the real life.

youre never too old for a game :D
and real life sucks anyways

Level 17
You know it's funny, on another forum I'm more active on the same exact thing is happening with people.

It's a San Andreas modding community (I mod for SA, and SAMP), and like 5 of the best modders/scripters are leaving and making these good bye topics because they're also leaving for the army.

Kinda sucks, guess it's the time of year when people get called in for service in countries that require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.