• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

buying a bow in mytargas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi there,

i just arrived in mytargas, and i've seen some pretty good sword/axe for decent prices...

so i've wandered in the city hoping for finding such an equivalent bow (between 1000-5000 gold) but i didnt manage to.

So im asking for your help; can you tell me if there is a bow shop in the capital city, or if not , were outside the capital?

Level 1
thank you for replying!

does the other shop sell a bow or its just the blacksmith that sell the "blue" sword a 2000 g

i think there is a lack of weapon for hunter, because every other class can buy a good weapon in the capital except the hunter, that cant even buy a recipe for a good bow...

im gona thinking about rerolling thief...

Level 2
You won't find a good bow to buy in the capital, at least not one you would afford for a while. There is one shop which sells potions, recipes and town portals. Another shop sells legendary items which require mana crystals and gold, the Eternal Strings bow can be found in this shop. Third shop has some misc items, but also a cloth armor (monk armor). Fourth shop has swords and most notably the Blacksmith's Revenge. There is also a spellshop for once you upgrade your class (which can be done at lvl 25).

i think there is a lack of weapon for hunter, because every other class can buy a good weapon in the capital except the hunter, that cant even buy a recipe for a good bow...

im gona thinking about rerolling thief...

Only two out of the five starter classes can buy a good weapon at the capital (without use of mana crystals) and it's the squire and thief. I don't recall seeing a good weapon for magicians, clerics nor rangers. It isn't just the hunters who lack a good weapon to buy at the capital.

It doesn't really matter too much though since you'll get better weapons and armor eventually if you do D3. Ogres can usually drop a piece of equipment or two which will make you better, D2 is also another choice.

Level 1
yes, i agree

but they can at last buy a misc eqquipement ( like ogre heads) that is more than nothing but not a single quiver.... :ogre_frown:

by the way, where can i drop the recipe for the other crafted bow? (can buy this recipe)

Level 2
yes, i agree

but they can at last buy a misc eqquipement ( like ogre heads) that is more than nothing but not a single quiver.... :ogre_frown:

Magicians and clerics can't buy misc items either. Some of the upgraded classes can buy some equipment (the druid to name one of them), but those items are pretty bad or droppable from ogres anyway.

I'll admit that getting a quiver is harder to get than other types of equipment, but you make it sound like the game is giving you a large disadvantage because you are using a ranger/hunter which I personally do not agree with and therefore I argue with you.

Just to make it clear:
The reason for the misc items available at the mytargas shops is, that all those misc items are for those classes that require a new misc item upon class change. I simply felt that it would be a disadvantage for those classes not to have an option to buy a misc item right after class change, whereas other classes could keep their old piece. Same goes for the monk robe. Not giving monks "starting equipment" right after class change would be weird.

The legendary items are different. Don't expect D4 legendaries to be of the same category as the D3 ones. I.e. there wont be a legendary D4 bow, staff, etc.
Also, D4 equipment will not be THAT much of an improvement over D3 legendaries, as I simple feel that legendary should be legendary regardless of origin. Maybe a small little bit better, but D3 legendary will still be superior to D4 non-legendary.

The blacksmith's revenge is an exception. I added this item simply for fun and to give those unlucky tanks a chance to get better equipment easy in order to make it easier to tank D3.

Status
Not open for further replies.