• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Burst of Light: OP or is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I know this is last minute but:

I recently acquired burst of light for my level 25 cleric. the spell says:

Spell power x .2 x rage:

Heres what happened with me and SOulseeker:

My Spell power 46
My rage: 100

46 x .2 x 100 =920

It seems OP, but is that what is intended?

Level 3
It's a one time use on a boss. It should be at least useful. I mean you won't make it to another cool down in a single boss fight. I think it's balance as it is.

Level 10
But I believe it also says it damages undead monsters, and D3 from what I hear is all undead mobs, so dealing 920 damage to mobs in D3 with Burst of Light may be a little too much, though I guess only testing the dungeon out will tell us for sure.

EDIT: IF it does in fact deal damage to undead monsters as well, it should be like 25% of what it can heal in damage or something.

Level 10
Even still, look at the skill Revenge or something, mine does roughly 400-500 damage or so and that's a rage skill, but that is to a single target and that 400-500 still takes quite a bit of HP out of a monster in a dungeon. Now imagine that 400-500 damage in an AOE inside the 3rd dungeon, if it was at 25% it would only be like 200-250 damage AOE which is still a lot of damage considering it's AOE & heals the team, but it wouldn't be as bad as a full party heal on top of a 1/2 HP mob if it remained at 50%

EDIT: Like I said though we can't know for sure how it will turn out until we actually start running D3, I just have a hunch it'll do a little too much, especially if you had like a monk who was tanking and a bishop in the party that's two AOE's in one fight you can prob kill an entire mob with just the two of em. All the monk would have to do is turn off steel form and burst of light then flip steel form back on

Level 5
Even still, look at the skill Revenge or something, mine does roughly 400-500 damage or so and that's a rage skill, but that is to a single target and that 400-500 still takes quite a bit of HP out of a monster in a dungeon. Now imagine that 400-500 damage in an AOE inside the 3rd dungeon, if it was at 25% it would only be like 200-250 damage AOE which is still a lot of damage considering it's AOE & heals the team, but it wouldn't be as bad as a full party heal on top of a 1/2 HP mob if it remained at 50%

EDIT: Like I said though we can't know for sure how it will turn out until we actually start running D3, I just have a hunch it'll do a little too much, especially if you had like a monk and a bishop in the party that's two AOE's in one fight you can prob kill an entire mob with just the two of em.

lol. yes. a monk and a bishop may be overkill.

but remember, you rarely get to use a full 100 rage skill more than once in a dungeon. most likely saving it for boss fights.

Now when we get to D3, sure I may be able to annihilate an undead zerg but if i am right, then i wont be able to do another powerful AOE heal/damage again.(it may be half as strong, and heal for 450 and only damage for 225(and since D3 is a higher dungeon...225 wont do anything

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmm, I enjoyed this discussion ... very different to the feedback I get usually. :grin:

Well, I can understand both sides, but I think that Burst of Light should be a little bit overpowered, considering its very high cooldown.

Revenge - in my oppinion - is different to burst in three ways, which imho allows the overpoweredness of burst:

- Revenge has a lower cooldown
- Squires get rage far more easy than clerics
- clerics are supposed to be main healers, although druids will get a nice new healing spell with the upcoming content upgrade

As for the damage part, I would say that it is balanced. I mean, its a 120 sec cd spell, so you can not use it that often anyways. For monks, the spell may also be nothing more than a small life-saver, because monks do naturally not have as much spellpower as bishops or clerics do.

The trash mobs in D3 have like 1500-2000 hp, so i think its strong, but not really a one-hit kill :>
But I could imagine it being very useful in D3, especially for the defence-event on the first boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.