• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Burning_Dragoon5's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here it is. You will see all the things i made that can be found in the Hive.
Some are from scratch, others are merged thing. But merged models have almost self animation.
Available Models

Goblin altar
This model is a merge of Altar of storm, Tinker goblin, and some gears of the goblin factory. I added some lights floating around the hands, and glows. Animations are mine ^^. Requested by TheGrandMage in the wc3campaigns forum.

Goblin barrack
Well, It doesn't really look like Goblin building, but I was thinking about where would the orcs let the goblins be? The merge of orcs barrack and human forge was the idea. A goblin can be seen at work animation. Requested by TheGrandMage in the wc3campaigns forum.

Goblin training center
This one look much goblinish, with a custom roof. It has the same anims as the Goblin Barrack

Goblin Hall
This is my very first building, model made from scratch, it is using ingame textures to save room (and moreover because I suck at making textures). This is a 3-upgradable building, but the animation, in spite of its useness, kinda suck :/ in my own opinion.

Burning Chariot
This model was a request, by soulbad. It is using archimage's horse, Abomination's building wheels, and ingame textures for the most.

Goblin Builder
I can't remember if it was a request, or well... This unit is based on the Goblin sappers. I wanted to give "goblin state of mind" that's why some animations are very funny, like "sparky" electrocuting himself, or kissing "bigwood" :D. Requested by TheGrandMage in the wc3campaigns forum.

Tyranid Carnifex
My, my, my... This one is my favorite model.All made from scratch, except the skin, which is a patchwork of recolored pics I found in the Games Workshop official website (shame on me). As far as I remember, It took me about 20 hours to do this model. I'm planning to enhance it, by lowering polygons for exemples, and creating variation of the carnifex.
it has an alternative skin, you can find it here.

Nerubian Flying Bombarder
My entry for the Modeling contest #8. I should have work on it a little more, but it's a well made and well animated model.

Discarded Models
There are also rejected models, because they weren't enough edited, or they could crash the game(?)
So, Here are the pics:

Infernals pack 2
It included
- Fire Infernal (it has running lava skin)
- Poison Infernal (the same, but poison)
- Dark Infernal
- Ice infernal (it has alpha, so we can see through)
- Phazon Infernal (based on Poison infernal, but in blue, it looks like Phazon from Metroid Prime series)
They weren't edited enough to be accepted :/

Hero Bloodelf on Coatl
This was a request of THE_END, asking me that for his campaign. Apparently, it was discarded because it could cause error. Weird. Though this is a merge, the animation are hand-made (models imported within 3dsmax)

SandStorm
This was a request as far as I remember. But the huge number of particles has discarded this model :/

Unavailable Models
Now, you will see some models you haven't seen in the hive

Demoness Dread Lord 2
This was a request, but I don't remember who asked it :/
This is a merged unit, based on the demoness, using claws, wings and animations from the dreadlord, and a "recolored" skin. Requested by THE_END in the wc3campaigns forum.

Taoren
This is a manga character a friend asked me for. Based on the felguard, elven priest head, custom skin. Felguard animation

Chronos 2 3 4
Asked also bye the same guy. Based on Blademaster body, elven priest head, it has been heavily modyfied with 3dsmax, + custom skin and animations.

Yoh
As for the 2 previous manga characters, based on blademaster+elven head, modified textures, But this one has the blademaster's animations

And here, you'll fin a bunch of edited models, except the space marines (these were my 1st version): Bunch of work

What's next?
To finish, As some of you does know, i'm making Warhammer 40k models.
I've a website to show of my stuff. It has been opened very recently, so there will not be many things to see. But soon, there will be some interesting stuff :)
You can select the language on the top left corner.

Have a nice reading!

Last edited:
I updated the space marine:

Here's the fourth version of the space marines. They merge advantages from both version 2 and 3. Animations will be enhanced once the textures are well applied, and some details done.
Image 1
Image 2

It's only 559 polygons, so it's slightely the same as the version 3.
More informations Here. There is a new about this (C&P of the new). Watch the gallery for more informations.

Last edited:
Someone asked for Guardsmen?
Here are WIPs !!

Front
Back
Side

All is from scratch, even the head (which is cool) AND the skins ! (which suchs....)

I need to fix a lot, but I did as fast as I could to post pics of it (made the mesh and the skin today afternoon)

Here are the things to fix:
- Texture, especially the head (it's my very very first headskin, free hand, no c&p)
- Mesh, to connect them together
- lasgun !
- and other things

For now, it has something like 450 poly

I meant making limbs separately instead of extruding them from the body.

That's the way I do, indeed. I prefer that way, even if it's not a "good way to model"
The thing is that I connect the parts properly when the mesh is over, so that's almost the same (only polygons will cry their heart out, but even though I try to reduce them as much as I can).

At this moment, the guardsman has 1 stand animation (simple one), and the walk animation.
Oh, and it's 546 poly. I'll try to see where I can reduce them again

Okay, animating is almost over, just some things to fix I guess.

It has standards animation: 4 stands, stand ready, attack, death, decay flesh, and walk
Stand front
Stand side-back
Stand - 4

I will set the lasgun cannon bigger, i find it too small. And i'll add a glowing effect on the attack anim. I'll surely work further on the texture.

I will post a video if I can (or a gif).

I remember the Carnifex. It's a lovely model indeed.
And the goblin model will make many mappers happy for sure.

Oh, and I demand you to release that Chronos model. XD

Thank you DvO :)

If you really want Chronos, send me a PM. But it's a very old model, so the skin and the animations (handmade animation copying blademaster animation for some of them) are not that great.

The Guardman texture is almost at 65% to be done, and it's really an improvement. I'll post a screen when it's finished IMO.

And, I'd like to thank Supa-, Afronight, and Werewulf for tips/hints and their 2D tutorials that helped me a lot in improving my texturing skill.

As I'm in my right to let my stuff downloadable (I saw the copyright of games workshop, and at my surprise, i'm allowed to do these things), I think i'll wait a little before releasing them.

I've got a WIP texture
Orc.jpg

of course, still a WIP, but the thing is that I didn't have the model started. Do you think i'm in the wrong way that I do texture before the model itself?
(As i'm at the office and i've nothing to do (i'm under trainee), I want to work on my "project" so I don't lose time).

I think you know what the next model is about :D.
Any suggestion on what i've done so far?

Thanks LiOneSS for the comments :). I'll see for Yoh ;)

Here are WIPs mesh of the future Boyz. It has no head for now, and is about 348 polygons.

This time, I decided to make the model using a single initiate form. Looks not that bad IMO. Thanks to Supa- for his video tutorial about that. I learnt some tips there :)

Attachments

• wip%20ork%2001.jpg
    wip%20ork%2001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 129
  • wip%20ork%2002.jpg
    wip%20ork%2002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 116
  • wip%20ork%2003.jpg
    wip%20ork%2003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 148
More highlights on the skiiiiiiiiin... and use the smooth modifier on the model before you export (not meshsmooth, not turbosmooth but SMOOTH only)

I know about the highlights, but the thing is that I don't know if I should highlight it again, because it will have a gretchin skin color, that I dont want to :/

And the screens of the mesh are from 3dsmax views ;) I do smooth always, but only when i'm satisfied with the mesh

Update.
Here's the mesh textured. I think I did all that had to be done, except the weapons.
I did some hightlight as you recommended, LiOneSS. But I don't think I will highlight the green skin any further.
The model is about 465 polies, and uses TC (bracers). I think i'll do a ponytail.

Note: I forgot to set back the smooth on the legs.
Note 2: The muscles may look a little weird though...

Attachments

• wip ork 04.jpg
    wip ork 04.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 257
  • wip ork 05.jpg
    wip ork 05.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 222
  • wip ork 06.jpg
    wip ork 06.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 231
  • wip ork 07.jpg
    wip ork 07.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 221
  • wip ork txt.jpg
    wip ork txt.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 254
Level 21
It's looking nice, but remember, this is WC3. Don't be afraid to give your texture some extra depth

(sorry if I'm robbing your thread or anything)
OrkWIP.jpg

I'm not saying you should make your texture look like this, but over exaggerate some of the shading, give the face depth, give it character, as well for the rest of it

You're getting better, in my opinion, so gogogo! Improve :D

Hey,

I'm working on the space marine again. But this time, i decided to improve the skin (trust me, the old one is U G L Y (something like several colored squares) )

Here is the new one:
Front
Back
Chest + Head

Comparison with the version (on the right) in the game (zoomed, not the game camera settings)

New Skin

The improvement of the model drove the number of polygons down: from 599 to 522.

Just have to fix the skin of the weapons (all of them), and also the wings of the breastplate. I think they are too "squarish".

Here's a screen of the new space marines.
Space marine version 4 gallerie
You can see both IG screenshots, and 3dsmax previewer screenshots.
I just need to improve the skin of some of the weapons( mainly the heavy plasma gun), and of the wings on the chest (didn't change this). But all seems to be alright then.
The lascannon and the sergeant aren't done yet.

About the mesh, i'll probably redo the feet, they look too squarish

It's been a while I didn't put anything here.

I did some "new" models (though they are variations)
I did the Imperial Guard:
Guardsmen with flamethrower
Guardsmen with grenade launcher (got to be enhanced, but is usable)
Guardsmen with plasmagun (got to be enhanced, but is usable)
Guardsmen with meltagun (got to be enhanced, but is usable)

And working currently on the sergent

I don't have pics for now. I'll put some later.

As I saw in the comments of the imperial guard I put in the Hive, I'm working on the face. It wasn't enough contrasted I think, and it was too "yellowish". These things were, i think, what the community disliked.

It was totally remade. I can't test it for now, but the unwrap has to be redraw.
Here's the new face
attachment.php

It is half darken because I wanted to make the shadow of the helmet.
And I know it's reddish now. I'll see if i've to "neutralize" this once put in the model.

Attachments

• imperial new.jpg
    imperial new.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 240
Level 13
Good to see the guard is comming along, and that your trying to improve your models, keep working at it. Personally, I dont like the shape of the helmet but whatever, Its a guardsman, and it LOOKS like a guardsman, and thats all i need. Thanks !

Level 15
Three letters (instead of words, in honor of us internet users): O.M.G. That was the most WICKED representation of classic Warhammer 40,000 figures. I CANT WAIT until they are released. I have no comments on any of the models (they are all wonderful) EXCEPT for the Space Marines (which look even better, IMO): the arms are a little too flimsy. The rest... PERFECT.

Level 15
So... how long until we can either: see these bad-BOYZ in a map made by thineself (old english, for the win!) or in the resource section? And if you are making a map, what will I be able to expect from it?

Edit: I just noticed the star on the shoulder-pads. That's a NO-NO. You are using the Ultramarines color scheme, right? So, on the right shoulderpad, there needs to be a white "U", and on the left, an "IV".

Level 15
Ah... right, anyways, a "U" on the right, and an arrow on the left. I made a mistake on that last one.

Edit: The color scheme you're using is that of Ultramarines.

Status
Not open for further replies.