• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buildings train automatically? {making a building train units automatically}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

Me again. I want my buildings to start training units automatically, I've solved it for structures that tells them to train every 60 seconds, but I also want them to start training once completed.
Now if I construct a building, it works fine as I can tell Constructed Structure to start training, but if I upgrade it to the next level of building it won't work :/
I've looked and looked but I couldn't find an event response for Upgraded Structure.

Any tips?

Will give rep and hugs :)

Level 3
You could possibly make a variable for triggering unit where the event is a unit finishes constructing/upgrading etc. and tell the variable to start producing. Though I'm not quiet sure what you are talking about :) hope it helps tho.

Level 3
Ajalex: That's what I've done, but that only kicks in after the first cycle. I want it to start training immediately after it's been upgraded. Example:
Barracks upgrades to Stables. When the Barracks are built, they start training Footmen automatically, but when it's upgraded to Stables, I have to wait for the 60-second trigger to run it's cycle before it starts producing Knights.
There's an event when a unit finishes upgrading, but no variable for upgraded unit...

Status
Not open for further replies.