• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Building upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, for the spikes you can use the orc upgrade that has spikes too. Check this thread

Attachment Points

It shows the attachment points for the buildings. You can create an ability and add a model to the attachment in the graphic category in Object editor.

Not really understand. Can you please explain more on how to do it?
I can do them in the trigger editor right?
and besides spike, if i wanted to put ray of light, can it be done too? or do I need 3d model to attach on it?

Level 21
example:

a castle, when we upgrade spike, the castle model will show spike around the castle
How is that different from the Spiked Barricades upgrade?
BTNSpikedBarricades.png
SpikedBarricadesTooltip.jpg

NoSpikedBarricades.jpg
SpikedBarricades.jpg

Can you please explain more on how to do it?
Just open the Object Editor and look how the Spiked Barricades upgrade works.
I can do them in the trigger editor right?
You don't need any triggers for adding simple attachments.
and besides spike, if i wanted to put ray of light, can it be done too? or do I need 3d model to attach on it?
What do you mean? If it doesn't already exist in the game, you need to import a custom model.

Last edited:
Level 7
How is that different from the standard Spiked Barricades upgrade?
Spiked Barricades
BTNSpikedBarricades.png
spikedbarricadestooltip-jpg.313921

nospikedbarricades-jpg.313919
spikedbarricades-jpg.313920

Yes, basically is like this. and some model might has prefix location for the upgrade

What do you mean? If it doesn't already exist in the game, you need to import a custom model.

I mean that if it is not exist in the game, do I need a custom model to be created and attached to it using trigger? Sorry for my poor english.

You don't need any triggers for adding simple attachments.

May I know how to justify simple and complicated attachment?

Level 14
You can add attachments with abilities and abilities can require an upgrade before working.
The sphere ability for example allows to add attachments and not many other effects.(add the requirement "your upgrade here")
If you want to reflect damage too then the spike ability works

Level 7
You can add attachments with abilities and abilities can require an upgrade before working.
The sphere ability for example allows to add attachments and not many other effects.(add the requirement "your upgrade here")
If you want to reflect damage too then the spike ability works
Alright. I will try and see. Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.