• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am currently trying to get a modified footman base unit to construct a building... problem is it only starts building and the building is stuck being midway constructing.
Basically. I'm trying to get a unit to build a farm. The unit is not a modified basic worker unit it is a footman... I took a big break from warcraft and i'm sure i knew how to do it... but now i just need a little help. Please and thank you!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 11
I've seen this glitch thousands of times. Its because the builder doesn't have the proper animation to complete the building. The way around this? Make the building build undead style (base unit off of acolyte) so that it doesn't require that animation. Then change acolyte animation to footman.

Level 8
Customized Nonpeon type units need more than just "build"

Human units have to have the Build (Human) and Repair(Human) as their normal abilities.

Orc units need Build (Orc) and Repair.

Undead need build (Undead) and Restore.

Elf units need Build (Nightelf) and renew.

I have given hero units and footmen and other type units the ability to build stuff, it always requires the repair (or similar).

Without the repair (or similar) ability what will happen is they will plop down a foundation and nothing more will happen.

I think that "build" only means they can plop down the foundation - since the building being "built" has no hit points it is treated as a damaged building, so the unit "repairs" the new structure.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.