1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Builder symbol

Submitted by MassiveMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A very simple model, though I think it still could be usefull for someone ...

It's a 'build symbol' meant to be used as an overhead attachment. Can be used to highlight workers, symbolize that a building is under construction, etc.
The model has a birth, death and stand animation and only uses ingame textures.

Updates:
-Added an alternative version with particles and glow effect as portrait

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modify it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
build, symbole, over, head, attachment, hammer, saw, construction, worker
Contents

Builder symbol (Model)

Builder symbol (Model)

Reviews
[img] [img] Misha [img] 30th Apr 2013 Moderator's Review: sure, looks cool, but i have a feel that it could use a lill tiny effect, maybe a particle or glow? coolio, approved
  1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Misha [​IMG] 30th Apr 2013
    Moderator's Review:

sure, looks cool, but i have a feel that it could use a lill tiny effect, maybe a particle or glow?
    coolio, approved

2. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Woah! Looks nice! 5/5.

3. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Genius, I never have thought of this. This model could be used in a new building mechanism in Warcraft 3, where you have to really get the resources n' stuff. Just my idea. 5/5, simple, but very useful.

4. DESTROYER123

DESTROYER123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Epic!
    5/5:goblin_good_job:

5. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like it, but my only problem with it is it seems race locked. Im sure an undead version with ghoul hands or a night elf version with those green mossy stones could also be neat, even an orc version or what ever.

meaning its not universal feeling enough to me, but it is hard to do those other things I suggested, I just figure its a bit human looking. it may look odd above an acolyte or a night elf or even orc for example.

still a decent 6/10 i see almost nothing wrong with it.

6. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like that one. Can be very useful. 4/5

7. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes sure it fits best for humen as therefore it was created for. It never meant to be 'universal' so I don't see a flaw in that. :grin:
    And yes you could do similar buffs for the other main wc3 races, but as I use only human as main race I only needed a human version. :wink:

8. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is simple and pretty darn awesome!

4/5.

I'm going to rate blizzard's knight model low because it doesn't fit with the night elf, undead, or orc races.

Seriously, dude, are you one of those morons who will find any ridiculous reason to rate something low?

This model has plenty of utility already, and it serves its purpose very well. Why should every model be universal to every race? Hell, I don't even see HOW it could fit every race at the same time, they all build completely differently, except maybe orc and human. If you rate models poorly every time they're limited to one race, then pretty much every unit model is bye-bye.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty genial idea, I wonder if it will be used on builder/defender maps.
    As for the universal feature, i assure you, in maps where you have mass units, this is indeed a must have. Therefore, it doesn't matter if.. the texture isn't appealing for every race, the mechanics/game effects are appealing for every race.
    So good job on this, and I will rate it a clear 5/5, for its genuinely originality.

10. FullVisor

FullVisor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. Lelling

Lelling

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    awesome :O

12. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    how cool I am very grateful that you shared this great model from your amazing map! 5/5 for me :)

13. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ''I'm going to rate blizzard's knight model low because it doesn't fit with the night elf, undead, or orc races.

Seriously, dude, are you one of those morons who will find any ridiculous reason to rate something low?

This model has plenty of utility already, and it serves its purpose very well. Why should every model be universal to every race? Hell, I don't even see HOW it could fit every race at the same time, they all build completely differently, except maybe orc and human. If you rate models poorly every time they're limited to one race, then pretty much every unit model is bye-bye.''

you sound silly man, and why call me a moron. I said I found it race locked, I'd never use it my self because it doesn't fit mur'locs. so I rated it 6/10 because I think its neat but not very race friendly. I didn't say it was a flaw, I said it felt race locked. calling me a moron doesn't change that. nor does it really happen to be necessary. silly little boy.

there have been alot of build models in the past, some that didn't match any race or even matched futuristic/alien races and every thing.

I said that because I'd hoped he would either release other race versions or perhaps add alternates, based perhaps for other races, I didn't know at the time he never planned to. it was a suggestion. like say, ''WHY DON'T YOU UV WRAP THAT TO SUNKEN RUINS TEXTURES AND MAKE A NAGA/MUR'LOC VERSION?'' or ''WHY DON'T YOU MAKE IT A GRAVE STONE WITH GHOUL HANDS TO MATCH UNDEAD?'' not a request, or a demand, so much a suggestion. this model is very human and very neat. it does not really work with 75% of the other warcraft 3 races so if you're race is not human then yes this model feels race locked.

and yes good job on the model.

EDIT: I notice the human hammer looks more orcish now then when I last looked, so really, it looks orcy now (multi race achieved)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  14. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    This works very well as a buff!

15. mengjiyao123

mengjiyao123

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice Effect