• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

build on ubuildable texture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik

mik

Level 4
hello,

i have seen some maps, where textures on which normally cant be built are used as buildable textures.

how can i do this?

im new to the world editor, and wanted to create a small TD, using some stone tiles which are set to unbuildable.

Level 4
Simply go into object editor, click on the building you want. Scroll down until you see something under Pathing called "Placement requires" then uncheck everything.

mik

mik

Level 4
thanks alot, but its not exactly what i wanted to have. i got some unbuildable area with another texture which should stay unbuildable. hmm..

is there any other way to do that?

mik

mik

Level 4
?

ok, i didnt uncheck everything, but i changed it from buildable to pathable...
however, it was the clue i needed, even though i wish to have another solution... but at least it works...

Level 9
i suggest doing what Rui and Eleandor said, then make regions over the area you dont want them to build, and make it destroy the building when it goes there, and return the point-value of the building to the owners gold/lumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.