• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Build button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
In Game Interface, you have:
Icon - Command - Basic Structure
Icon - Command - Basic Structure (Human)
Icon - Command - Basic Structure (Night Elf)
Icon - Command - Basic Structure (Orc)
Icon - Command - Basic Structure (Undead)

Changing those values will make icons of ,,Build" ability changed to that value.

Level 4
Mm... First, you must find the rawcode of "build", then write your desired button position "x,y" in "CustomKeys..." (ah I'm forget the name) or Warcraft scripts and SLKs... (like DotA).

I hate if I forget something needed.

Reactions: Yan

Yan

Yan

Level 6
Mm... First, you must find the rawcode of "build", then write your desired button position "x,y" in "CustomKeys..." (ah I'm forget the name) or Warcraft scripts and SLKs... (like DotA).

I hate if I forget something needed.

I tried with SLKs but it doesn't works

• I extract "Unit\AbilityData.slk" from War3.mpq
  • I change the "UseinEditor" column in Excel for the builds abilities
  • I remove the old one and replace it by the lastest one
I use WinMPQ

Level 5
Extract the file "units\CommandFunc.txt" from the MPQ. Then open it with a text editer. Scroll down until you find the innate button you want to change the location of. Say you want to change the location of the human build button. Change these three lines from this, causes it to be located at the left hand side (0), at the bottom (2)
Code:
[CmdBuildHuman]
Art=CommandBasicStructHuman
Buttonpos=0,2
to this
Code:
[CmdBuildHuman]
Art=CommandBasicStructHuman
Buttonpos=3,2
Which will cause it to be at the right side, at the bottom.
Then import the file into your map with the import editer, and set the path to
"units\CommandFunc.txt" so as to replace the original file.
units\CommandStrings.txt contains the tooltips for the innate abilities. And i dont know what the Art line does, Thought I can guess.

Yan

Yan

Level 6
it's weird I tried with attack command button, move command button and attack ground command button it works but when i tried the human build button the button doesn't move

Level 4
hm... take a look of WEU... I remember that it can modify Build, Attack, Stop, Hold Position and all basic abilities as Object Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.