• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug with Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) and stun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) is a known ability to temporarily disable unit's attack ability. To disable a unit's attack, we can just add that ability to it. To re-enable, we simply remove the cargo ability.

But I found a bug with this ability on stunned unit. When you disable a unit's attack then you re-enable it when the unit is stunned, the unit will be "un-stunned" even tho the unit clearly still has the stun buff. The unit will be auto-acquiring its target.

I produced this bug in one of my spell here. To re-produce it, you only need to stun a channeling hero (follow the demo instruction).
I'm leaving the bug there because I'm pretty sure I can't do anything about it. I will just wait for the bug to be fixed.

Kazeon

Level 33
what? there's nothing wrong about cargo hold and stuns, at all. your triggers must be messy. just try to do that on a new map.
I wonder how a not-messy trigger looks like :grin:

I made a very simple test map to show. Something else is likely the cause for your weird behavior.
Thanks for the test map. I couldn't reproduce the bug there neither. But can you test it again and change the footman with a hero unit? I'm sorry I can't do it my self because I'm in the middle of exams. But I'm very curious what makes it bugged in the spell?

Level 19
I wonder how a not-messy trigger looks like :grin:

Thanks for the test map. I couldn't reproduce the bug there neither. But can you test it again and change the footman with a hero unit? I'm sorry I can't do it my self because I'm in the middle of exams. But I'm very curious what makes it bugged in the spell?
the one which doesnt include infinity loop OR issuing orders while receiving another orders without checking. short version - your code is broken, not wc3

Kazeon

Level 33
the one which doesnt include infinity loop OR issuing orders while receiving another orders without checking. short version - your code is broken, not wc3
Buddy, maybe you need to learn how to lower your tone and be a little bit more friendly by using less offensive words :grin:

Anyway, my codes are over-optimized as always, it can hardly become any better. One bug doesn't mean the whole system is messy or broken. It's like saying dota 2 is a complete broken game with those bugs. :grin:
And it's obvious there is something in the spell that can "wake" a stunned unit without removing the buff. So I would still call it Warcraft's bug, even tho the exact cause isn't known yet.

Level 19
Buddy, maybe you need to learn how to lower your tone and be a little bit more friendly by using less offensive words :grin:

Anyway, my codes are over-optimized as always, it can hardly become any better. One bug doesn't mean the whole system is messy or broken. It's like saying dota 2 is a complete broken game with those bugs. :grin:
And it's obvious there is something in the spell that can "wake" a stunned unit without removing the buff. So I would still call it Warcraft's bug, even tho the exact cause isn't known yet.
there's GUI in the map you pointed to, it cannot be even remotely called "optimized"
anyway, stun is just an order, which can be overwritten with another one. you register an order, stun triggers it, you cancel it with another order - unit no longer follows stun (hold + do not attack) order. learning wc3 is fun enough, the way they did some stuff is amazingly stupid/plain/straightforward, yet it works for 99% cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.