• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug at attack-move order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone, i got a problem with my issue order to attack point trigger. I want to make a unit spawn and attack at randomly positions every 80 seconds. The unit react to the trigger, but it doesnt fulfill the action. It walks like 5 seconds, then, it goes back to the position where it received the order. Every 80 seconds its the same thing, i would love you guys could lend me a hand.
Events
Time - Every 80.00 seconds of game time
Actions
Set Demopnicusattack = (Random integer number between 1 and 31)
Unit - Order Demonicus to Attack-Move To (Center of citys[Demopnicusattack])

Demopnicusattack is my region variable.
citys is a region variable with array size 1.

Level 16
As a tip, write your triggers in trigger tags.

• Events
    • Time - Every 80.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Demopnicusattack = (Random integer number between 1 and 31)
    • Unit - Order Demonicus to Attack-Move To (Center of citys[Demopnicusattack])
To your question. Is the enemy neutral hostile?

And btw you said this:

Demopnicusattack is my region variable.

I'm guessing Demophnicusattack is an integer variable right?

Edit: If the "demons" are neutral hostile, then I think the problem lies in the gameplay constants settings and AI settings. Not sure if I ever managed to resolve this problem. Refer to this: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/warcraft-3-world-editor-attack-move.145959/

I know if you use a computer player instead of neutral hostile it will work, but there should be a way to fix neutral hostile.

Level 3
As a tip, write your triggers in trigger tags.

• Events
    • Time - Every 80.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Demopnicusattack = (Random integer number between 1 and 31)
    • Unit - Order Demonicus to Attack-Move To (Center of citys[Demopnicusattack])
To your question. Is the enemy neutral hostile?

And btw you said this:

I'm guessing Demophnicusattack is an integer variable right?

Edit: If the "demons" are neutral hostile, then I think the problem lies in the gameplay constants settings and AI settings. Not sure if I ever managed to resolve this problem. Refer to this: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/warcraft-3-world-editor-attack-move.145959/

I know if you use a computer player instead of neutral hostile it will work, but there should be a way to fix neutral hostile.
Thanks for the link!!! Reaing I learned that ppl got a lot of troubles with the same trigger. I tried going to gameplays constants and put the creep guard distance and the return distance to its maximum value. Also put the time of return above the 85 seconds, so I made sure the time will not interfer with my trigger, and IT WORKED!!!! The neutral hostile unit is going around following the patron, I'm so happy hope this thread can help other people! Special thanks to you, Radicool !

Status
Not open for further replies.