• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff (visible/invisible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making a target system that lets you add a target buff to an ally or enemy. How can you hide this buff and let you (only the caster player) be the only one to see the target buff? I need help.

In dota like the Alchemist's skill (concoction) when before he would throw his ability there is a buff (effect like) a circle on the ground that shows the range of the ability.... and it could only be seen by him... its so cool... how can i hide this buffs (or effects) and be only visible by me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wind Walk
    • Actions
      • Set StringVariable = Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() != GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
      • Set StringVariable = <Empty String>
      • Custom script: endif
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using StringVariable
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Only owner of caster will see this effect.(You can use GetTriggerPlayer instead of GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) nvm)

Level 7
if it is special effects, you can use dummy unit , make them invisble and revel only to caster
as for buffs, I have no idea (since buff can deal dmg etc, making it visble to only one player using local player would be impossible)

Status
Not open for further replies.