• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Contrary to what Arhowk said, I was under the impression that buffs are applied after "Starts the effect of an ability".

• Untitled Trigger 016
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Armor (Autocast)
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Cast
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Frost Armor) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Has buff
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: No buff
This would tell me that the target unit doesn't have the buff.

Level 19
Contrary to what Arhowk said, I was under the impression that buffs are applied after "Starts the effect of an ability".

• Untitled Trigger 016
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Armor (Autocast)
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Cast
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Frost Armor) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Has buff
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: No buff
he said on damage

E/ well im 100% sure its before damage is dealt but im not sure about on cast

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 029
    • Events
      • Unit - Acolyte 0021 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Acolyte 0022 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Acolyte 0025 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Acolyte 0026 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Slowed) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Damaged, Has buff
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Damaged, No buff
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Damaged, Has buff
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 4.00 seconds the text: Damaged, No buff
This tells me no buff, has buff.

Level 19
  • Untitled Trigger 029
    • Events
      • Unit - Acolyte 0021 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Acolyte 0022 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Acolyte 0025 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Acolyte 0026 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
This tells me no buff, has buff.

works fine for me with storm bolt, frost arrow, and chain lightning (common bases in my map)...

Status
Not open for further replies.