• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff Not Showing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I spawn 4 dummy units with 3 abilities: Invulnerable (neutral), Locust, and Friezas Decay. Frieza's Decay does AOE dmg over time just like Immolation or Flamestrike, and the damage over time part works, but for some reason the buff that I made for this ability isn't showing up when the unit is being damaged by the spell. Any Idea as to why?

Level 8
Yeah I did, I only used the custom buff that I made. And I tried different buffs 1 by 1, and none showed up. So I'm confused as to exactly what the problem is. Is it because my dummy unit has a model? But I don't see how that could be the problem because the units that the buff is supposed to attached to DO have models with attachment points.

Level 8
Lol, err yeah, the tornado slow aura spell will let the buff appear on the target, but it doesn't let me add DPS over time like Immolation. I don't see any option that says Data- Damage per second or interval. And the Building Damage Aura (Tornado) doesn't show any buffs at all.

Level 8
1 more question! :p The buff seems to still show up in the status of the unit even when the unit leaves the AOE range of the spell after being affected by it, and it seems to only dissapear when the unit is killed. How do I remove the buff when the unit exits the range of the spell? Shouldn't it do this automatically when the unit leaves the AOE range?

Status
Not open for further replies.