• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSwarmMentality

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A swarm of flying Silithids/Nerubians. This is my first icon.

V2- Used wings instead of whole insects and reduced size

V3- Made a larger insect in the center of the icon

Keywords:
swarm, insect, fly, nerubian, silithid, group, locust
Contents

BTNSwarmMentality (Icon)

Reviews
10:25, 29th May 2013 enjoy: Provide me with Work in progress or big pictures of this, before I moderate it. 16:22, 6th june 2013 enjoy: Not enough freehand work. Rejected.

M

10:25, 29th May 2013
enjoy: Provide me with Work in progress or big pictures of this, before I moderate it.

16:22, 6th june 2013
enjoy: Not enough freehand work. Rejected.

Roland

R

Roland

The image is kinda confusing and looks like a brizzle brazzle That I don't know, I think it's just CnP But you should show the proof of the image, Amigo.

Level 30
I suggest just remove the BG and make that black. Right now it looks so random, far from being understand on what the icon tries to convey, not enough detailing and also please give a WiP! =)

EDIT: WiP given.... XD

Last edited:
Level 49
ABOUT UPDATED ICON.

Dude, i can really understand, when guys make a icons from a models faceshots, but when you try make an actual icon for spell by manipulations with model? U are kidding us?
This does not works in that way, cause icon is an piece of handmade art, which has really hard specifications, and such as tricks will no work, when u making an piece of art sized by 64*64.

Voting for rejection cause of two reasons:
1. Icon has no freehand work (generally). Whoknows it this model made by author? If no - CNP\Stealing.
2. Icon looks really bad, generally. Unacceptable quality.

Level 28
Peekay you're wrong, icon looks really good as quality.

However, I suggest to make it with like 2-3 bugs, focusing on the head of one of them in, say, the down right corner and the other 2 flies behind the head, showing some wings and stuff. This way you will provide the head of an insect giving the assumption that these 2 paints behind are insects too! Plus, the wing will further prove that these figures are insects. The smoke in this icon, btw, is pretty awesome, you can add it to such an image (with the 3bugs) - this way you will give feeling and swarmness...swarmness. Hmm. Swarm. To the icon, which will complete it. You can use some green colors if you want them to look infected.

Other than that,this icon looks amazing as quality, the only problem is the focus. (btw, this version is a lot better than the old one)

Level 3
Peekay you're wrong, icon looks really good as quality.

However, I suggest to make it with like 2-3 bugs, focusing on the head of one of them in, say, the down right corner and the other 2 flies behind the head, showing some wings and stuff. This way you will provide the head of an insect giving the assumption that these 2 paints behind are insects too! Plus, the wing will further prove that these figures are insects. The smoke in this icon, btw, is pretty awesome, you can add it to such an image (with the 3bugs) - this way you will give feeling and swarmness...swarmness. Hmm. Swarm. To the icon, which will complete it. You can use some green colors if you want them to look infected.

Other than that,this icon looks amazing as quality, the only problem is the focus. (btw, this version is a lot better than the old one)

Thanks all ways to improve it are appreciated I will try to do that later.