• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

BTNRingofRoaringThunder

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Milan The Ripper
BTNRing_of_Roaring_Thunder

Description:

I edited another wc3icon 'BTNGoldRing' using GIMP2 for my own test map. No borrowed textures this time. Just an idea from the game itself about how to give an ordinary icon the lightning element.

First off, I just want to say that I don't know if someone already got this idea before me or someone already shared it to you guys. On that note, I apologize if someone already did got the idea, but never shared it to others.

Based from the; Storm Hammer (Upgrade), Chain Lightning (Ability), Forked Lightning (Ability) and Mana Flare (Ability). They all share a number of characteristics that gives that shocking feeling! XD
Idea: An ordinary looking object is always surrounded with a zipping white light layered with blue light~! (Well, the idea only applies on icons like the first two icons I just mentioned. The other two lacks pzzazz.)
Still. It’s simple, yet cool!

One last thing. If the icon is an already existing one and the base color is not blue, you can just use one of the GIMP2's tools in the tab [Colors] -> [Color Balance] and adjust the color levels of all 3 color ranges closer to blue. I won't tell you how much of it so that you can experiment.

This specific icon is meant for items only, but if you guys find another use for it in your own map, don’t forget about me in your map’s credits! XD

And about using the idea for creating new icons or editing already existing ones, at least share the credits, ayt? ^^

Keywords:
Ring, Item, Lightning, Electricity, Storm
Contents

BTNRingofRoaringThunder (Icon)

Reviews
19:44, 25th Aug 2014 Sin'dorei300: Commented.
Level 13
No need to credits since you've just edited ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtons/BTNGoldRing a bit.

Review:
Voting for Awaiting update for followings:
  • No reason, but see comments:
Recolor gold parts to feel like lightning. Then will vote for approval :D.
Your icon is good but add lightning effects more. Oh and shorten descriptons by using [hidden][/hidden] since this is not same as map description