1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

BTNHellscreamBerserk

Submitted by Chen
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Icon made for Icon Contest #12 - Spells on Different Units. Made for an enrage or berserk ability for Grom Hellscream. Don't forget to give credits when used and enjoy, of course.
Previews
Contents

BTNHellscreamBerserk (Icon)

Reviews
20:08, 10th Oct 2014 Sin'dorei300: I think u have to put into practice the suggestions of the contest's Jury. Also, i'd like to quote Hemske: "I love that you tried your hand on such different type of icons especially considering your level of...
San
San
Set to pending for further reviews. Users are encouraged to provide feedback to the resources.
The Panda
In the image shows where the preview is, you probably have 2 of the same ones there. Delete the other. This looks decent enough for approval now, Next time watch doing dark lines around the face, instead do light gray lines so they are not so dark...
  1. 20:08, 10th Oct 2014
    Sin'dorei300: I think u have to put into practice the suggestions of the contest's Jury.
    Also, i'd like to quote Hemske: "I love that you tried your hand on such different type of icons especially considering your level of skill. That's really brave of you and I admire that."

2. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I know they're blurry but it's not in-game. Bye!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  3. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blood looks like ketchup, I see no diffrence from one of your WIP's. Did somone rush you to finish your icons? It looks rushed. Background looks like ketchup too- it also suffers from lack of detail and blurriness. 3/5

4. Love Seeker

Love Seeker

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Voting for Awaiting Update with followings:
    • No reason but comments:
    Comments
    I'm sorry to say this but it might be rejected. Until you do these:
    • Original glows of normal Grom is yellow in Warcraft III. And red is for chaos.
    • The hair, most important againest this, it's just black in my vision and others too!

Do these most important and will go for approval

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. Argos

Argos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol ketchup :DD

Yeah i admit this looks wierd. The whole face looks like somebody smashed it in by force and then used ketchup to fill the holes where eyes had been. #TheMountainAndTheViper

6. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    @Love Seeker, thanks, now I know what to improve but I think the red eyes is fine for a berserk.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  7. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This one is a bit too cartoony, the main thing needing improving is the face, try and make it look more Orcy and realistic, particularly the cheek and jaw lines that in my opinion would make this a really good icon (I've kind of needed a Grom Avatar/Bloodlust type icon). Good luck and keep making icons.

8. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I pretty hate that shading actually, but thanks! I'll try to make it more orcish.

And, A Void, sorry for being so (put my attitude here). But I don't really like that you over-criticize(or what do you call that) my icons but someday my icons should be more detailed.

9. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    LS, we shouldn't stick too much to WC3.

But it's up to Chen.

Berserk is berserk anyways, though not into Chaos, it still gives rage. And though Grom's icon gives a yellow - somewhat peaceful glow - red emphasizes fury.

OT: I suggest you to have a double glow; one less blurred (preferably duplicate Grom and Ctrl T + Color it)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  10. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Kay. I think i tried it AWA but fail,

11. Glitzage

Glitzage

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    awesome work

12. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Another suggestion, perhaps a small black outline between Grom and the glow? Also, to add shading to the hair, you can make it very dark blue and dodge/burn it. Then put some black lines to create the strand feeling.

13. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Not sure if anyone will see this but yeah, updated. It's too dark at the moment but unless it adds to the feel of the icon, I'll most likely update it. Let me know what you guys think so I can tell you how you ruined my day and deny that he's eating ketchup.

14. San

San

Icon Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Set to pending for further reviews.
    Users are encouraged to provide feedback to the resources.

15. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think it would be nice if you added some sort of shading towards the black areas, just a little touch of greys in there so its just not a solid black area.

16. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Updated. Not sure how to get rid of that extra preview image though.

17. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In the image shows where the preview is, you probably have 2 of the same ones there. Delete the other.

This looks decent enough for approval now, Next time watch doing dark lines around the face, instead do light gray lines so they are not so dark on there. Blend it better to the face, so it doesn't have a thick black line in spots around it.

Attached Files:

18. jj84

jj84

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool.

19. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Looks great!

Would love some more accurate face shading on a personal distinction because you have started with a strong contrast. Also, the teeth look flat to my eyes compared to the contrast of the overall image. And I'm not sure why the chin color isn't the same as the face tho. Some background SFX would be nice too, showing the berserk motion.

I've done some edits, also decreased the intensity of the rim lights at the bottom right because they were quite distracting (The ear looks weird tho, perhaps too dark xD):

[​IMG] >> [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019