• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

btnfootman

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Holy light or something, I dunno. Just experimenting with effects.

Keywords:
holy
Contents

btnfootman (Icon)

Reviews
22:28, 20th Jul 2009 Hawkwing: The idea is decent, but there's just not enough freehand for my standards.

M

22:28, 20th Jul 2009
Hawkwing: The idea is decent, but there's just not enough freehand for my standards.

Level 35
Fuck, that thread was started in November. From what I've read, though, it appears that the side of "who gives a shit as long as it looks good and isn't illegal" is winning.

Hawkwing edited and prepped it a few weeks ago, we're only waiting for a director to rephrase and implement it. The submission rules we have now also state the following:

Freehand content said:
All icons must be at least 50% freehand created. Non-freehand techniques include mirroring, cloning (or brute cloning, as in clear copy-paste), recoloring, resizing, rotating and tracing.

I might be a bitch for doing this, but the rules are rules.

so the new rules will allow people to basically just lol copy paste icons now ?

No, in fact it's stricter than the one we have atm. We had a limit of 50% freehand (source not named), now a submission has to be 75% and CnP is only allowed if WC3 material is used.

Level 36
Because someone else might not have thought of it. Of course that goes further than just recoloring something, but I think you understand what I mean. Designing resources is not about how good of an artist you are, it's about how you can make something that is useful and fits with the rest of Warcraft. You could make a stunning piece of art into an icon and it would suck because it doesn't fit the game.

Level 1
how you can make something that is useful and fits with the rest of Warcraft. You could make a stunning piece of art into an icon and it would suck because it doesn't fit the game.

just how creative you are :)