• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDiamond

Reactions: deepstrasz
a fast try to make a diamond - hopr you like it

Updates -
- - - 17 - 02 - 10
- made some blue points
- inlarged the diamond

- - - 18 - 02 - 10
- Added glow
- Marked the lines

- - - 24 - 02 - 10
- New BG
- Added shadows
- Changed the Bling

- - - 26 - 02 - 10
- Made lines
- made the main diamond transparent

Keywords:
diamond, gem, stone, white, cash, money, trade.
Contents

BTNDiamond (Icon)

Reviews
23:48, 17th Feb 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Looks very clouded/milky for a diamond. 24th Feb 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Its white all over the place. give it some variation in colour and brightness 26th Feb 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Still needs some transparency 4th...

M

23:48, 17th Feb 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Looks very clouded/milky for a diamond.

24th Feb 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Its white all over the place. give it some variation in colour and brightness

26th Feb 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Still needs some transparency

4th Mar 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Still needs more transparency but i guess its acceptable.

Level 14
Let's see: needs a background (I think a blue background would fit) and for some reason it looks like if there's something inside the diamond Oo
Also diamonds are normally gray, or it will look like a cristal.
Try to make it gray and it would be perfect.
Let me give you some advices:
-Diamond: Gray
-Emerald: Green
-Ruby: Red
-Zaphire: Blue
-Cristal: White or trasparent

Level 13
Let's see: needs a background (I think a blue background would fit) and for some reason it looks like if there's something inside the diamond Oo
Also diamonds are normally gray, or it will look like a cristal.
Try to make it gray and it would be perfect.
Let me give you some advices:
-Diamond: Gray
-Emerald: Green
-Ruby: Red
-Zaphire: Blue
-Cristal: White or trasparent

Diamonds look mostly white/gray, but they can (and usually) have other colors. Look at this picture. Looks like a normal diamond, right? Well, there's a very subtle hint of blue in there.

diamond.jpg

Level 11
if you lower the diamond on the screen/make it larger, it wuld look better. in addition, add a slight hint of some light color (such as blue or gray). keep the colors light and bright
and actually, the reason you see other colors is the fact that the diamond has many prisms and is very clear, it actually reflects fragments of different colored light

Level 13
if you lower the diamond on the screen/make it larger, it wuld look better. in addition, add a slight hint of some light color (such as blue or gray). keep the colors light and bright
and actually, the reason you see other colors is the fact that the diamond has many prisms and is very clear, it actually reflects fragments of different colored light

When light shines through any form of crystal it can produce an entire spectrum. The blue I'm talking about is actually caused by a (quite common) impurity in the formation, which gives it a tiny blueish tint.