• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BTNCritShot

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hey EvilCookie here.. again -.-

This i my first "serious" icon.
So i hope all of you like :D
Contents

BTNCritShot (Icon)

Reviews
23 Jun 2010 Pyramidhe@d: No changes made.
Level 23
BTN is missing, please add it, and while you do, please change the part about the rep in your description.
YOu will gain rep automatically if submitting good resources, and there's no need to ask for it!
I promise you to comment on this icon as soon as you did the things above ;)

Level 23
I see you updated your icon.

Now as promised I'll give a little review.

The arrow: This is actually the best part of the icon, and seeing it's your first icon this part is really good and promising ;) The shading is nice and it looks like wood, however the light side of the arrow seems to be on the downside, please remember for further icon that it's more natural when the light comes from the upside.
The glove(hand): THis title names it already, it's hard to see what it is, a hand, a glove? a skeleton arm? Only fantasy helps here, and the most important thing of an icon is, that it clearly shows what it is about! Apart from that the blood where the arrow goes through it looks more like a red ring...
The background: Now I'm not sure about this one, in fact, it is very GOOD, I'm only not sure if it's freehanded, please do not be offended by this, the only thing that make me feel that it is filterwork is, how good it looks, to be honest, it looks much better than for example the hand.

Apart from that: I guess this is not reafy for approve yet, because the hand needs major updates, while the arrow and bg (if freehanded) are already well done!
For a first icon I would say: it's a very good start and now you only need to keep practicing and upload your work after that!
I would also suggest zooming through hive's tutorial section to get some helps, also looking at hive's already existing icons (and especially drawings techniques) will help you and inspire you, without stealign them though :p

Good luck!
If you ahve questions about my review, feel free to ask :p

Level 6
"CritShot" well, not very critical to hit the hand ...critical would be the heart or head or whatever, but okay :D

I think your hand is too cartoonish, 'cause the black colour and the thin arm do not fit to a soldier's hand/arm, because they are trained for holding heavy weapons (muscles, big arms). But, it fits very well to a voodoo priest or something like that, so I think this icon could be useful. (and +rep :p)