• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brutal Execution

This is my brutal execution model. It is similar to my other executions. This one represents physical force. If you use it credit me.
Enjoy!

HOW TO USE:

Unlike my previous executions, this one has effect animations. So you have to use it with triggers or with spells impale or cyclone. Make Impale aoe so small that it affects only one unit. If you have any questions, just comment below.

Keywords:
execution,sword, impale, brutal, levitation,kill,death
Contents

Brutal Execution (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Interesting and well done effect. Nothing that less we have expected. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 15:29, 14th August 2011
Frankster :
Interesting and well done effect. Nothing that less we have expected.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The sword needs to have a regular handle and blade for me to think of it as an actual sword. (I recommend the human campaign screen sword skins).

Level 9
The sword needs to have a regular handle and blade for me to think of it as an actual sword. (I recommend the human campaign screen sword skins).

I agree, the sword looks really cartoonish and silly, almost like it made of paper.

You should make a better sword, or remove it altogether and use something else to impale them with.

Regards,

Jake

Level 49
Also, imo - not realy creative model, cuz already was two of such models uploaded there on hive. Mostly it's far from something intresting. Try understand concept:
Some sword comes from nowhere and smashes heroe's head. Also - blue effect sucks, try make something more expressive.

Anyway, currently imo - stupid model. And yeah, no offense for sure.

It has regular handle and the blade is meant for ritual piercing, not slashing.
I agree, the sword looks really cartoonish and silly, almost like it made of paper.

You should make a better sword, or remove it altogether and use something else to impale them with.

Regards,

Jake
Well the jeweld swords and daggers are made to look cool. My sword looks cool and is designed for ritual.

Also, imo - not realy creative model, cuz already was two of such models uploaded there on hive. Mostly it's far from something intresting. Try understand concept:
Some sword comes from nowhere and smashes heroe's head. Also - blue effect sucks, try make something more expressive.

Anyway, currently imo - stupid model. And yeah, no offense for sure.

I already made two similar models, that is true. I bet you have not tested it in game according to how I told you. This is the concept:
Unit gets levitated in the air and is rendered helpless, then giant sword conjures above it, slams down into the target and pins it to the ground.
I consider it to be cool.
Well, to be quite honest. A guillotine would probably make it more.. execution-like.
Well, to be honest, guillotine does not fit the concept. And it is too cliché.
Nice idea but the sword could use a little more detail.
Others complain it has too much detail
This made me lol.
Let me think, you're all good, walkin' on the streets, smokin' a cigarette and OMGWTF LOL! A SWORD BREAKS YOU IN TWO.

._.

That is NOT what comment thread is for.

Overall I am quite dissapointed. I clearly stated how you should have test this. i think some users have this urge to commet on anything that is posted. If you want to comment on something then please test it thoroughly, check for mistakes and post constructive criticism.

@PeeKay: I do not see what your problem is. I should really report your post. You trash my model, without apparent reason and expect me not to be offended. First of all you should respect me for my work, second you need to learn how to comment. All users here did not post anything else but how they do not like the idea. Well I love the idea of a giant sword pinning down on helpless target. If I trashed every model I did not like I would have 800 posts. The only fair users here were Jake and Yayoi who actually gave constructive criticism.

Level 7
i like the model i could use this in one of my TD's in progress lol, the sword does not look cartoonish in my opinion though it looks a little off center, you could also use the sword by it's self and add it to a custom unit model and make a wicked model :)