• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Hello everyone, can someone help me with this model? is broken, some parts of it doesn't appear at all in the world editor (head, shoulderpad and weapons), i don't know how to fix this, also if anyone manage to fix it, could you tell me how to do it myself too? thanks in advance.

Attachments

• HeroBrokenSeer_Portrait.mdx
    52.2 KB · Views: 59
  • HeroBrokenSeer.mdx
    151.2 KB · Views: 37
  • BrokenSeer.blp
    50.4 KB · Views: 41
Level 50
Mdlvis. Open the model in Mdlvis, Go to Modules>Sequence editor>Bones>select the invisible parts/their vertices(in this case shoulder pad, head and weapons)>select their bones(in this case the model you posted was edited Eredar warlock model, so what I did was extract the original Eredar warlock model from the MPQ, open it in Mdlvis and you do the same process when you open it; go to the bones tab, now you need to see on which bone are certain vertices attached to; for the head, select the head vertices from the original EW model and in the right corner you will see the name of the bone that the vertices are attached to, repeat the same proces for the shoulder pad and for the weapons, select the original parts of the model and see on which bones are the vertices attached to. Now when you know the names of the bones you need to attach your geoset parts, it's easy, select those parts and attach them to the bones that match with the original.

Level 34
Mdlvis. Open the model in Mdlvis, Go to Modules>Sequence editor>Bones>select the invisible parts/their vertices(in this case shoulder pad, head and weapons)>select their bones(in this case the model you posted was edited Eredar warlock model, so what I did was extract the original Eredar warlock model from the MPQ, open it in Mdlvis and you do the same process when you open it; go to the bones tab, now you need to see on which bone are certain vertices attached to; for the head, select the head vertices from the original EW model and in the right corner you will see the name of the bone that the vertices are attached to, repeat the same proces for the shoulder pad and for the weapons, select the original parts of the model and see on which bones are the vertices attached to. Now when you know the names of the bones you need to attach your geoset parts, it's easy, select those parts and attach them to the bones that match with the original.
Thank you so much for this, i know how to do some basic edits, but this kind of info is incredible useful, thanks again Stefan!

Status
Not open for further replies.