• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Models] Draenei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sinisterx managed to craft up some brilliant Draenei unit and building models on www.wc3campaigns.net. However, he only managed to make the three teirs of the main town hall, a barracks, a food supply building, a worker, a main infantry, a main spellcaster and a hero unit. this is a fair amount but not enough to make a decent tech tree. I understand that everyone here is probably working on other projects such as models, maps and campaigns, etc. as well as having a life so I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for these models if they are ever made at all.

Here are some ideas for some more Draenei units...

UNITS
Draenei Marksman -
DraeneiMarksman.jpg

*uses his tiny n00bish knowledge of modeling* Maybe you could use the Rifleman bass model? perhaps with an edited head of Archimonde and a remodeled Rifle?

Draenei Elekk Knight -
DraeneiElekkKnight.jpg

Maybe you could remodel the mammoth from the Icecrown Glacier mobset
and attach a remodeled Human Knight to it's back?

Draenei Shaman -
BrokenDraeneiShaman.jpg

For those of you who are thinking "this isn't a Draenei", it is. It is a form of Draenei known as a Broken, a Draenei who sort of 'deteriorated' after the genocide of the Draenei at the hands of the Orcs on Draenor. For more information on the lore of Draenei Shaman, read up on their leader, Farseer Nobundo, here -> http://www.wowwiki.com/Nobundo

And for modelers, this would be easiest if based on the Stormreaver Warlocks model from th Sunken Ruins mobset.

Draenei Hand of Argus -
DraeneiHandofArgus.jpg

Either the footman or the Blademaster model would work best for this (bet remember, this unit isn't a hero).

HEROES

Draenei Vindicator -
DraeneiVindicator.jpg

Obviosly, Human Paladin would be the best base model for this

These are just some of the ideas I have for a techtree of Draenei.

I'm not asking for them all to be made, that would be miraculous. I'm asking for maybe one or two of them to be made. They'd be useful for anyone who hopes to use Draenei in their maps.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Do you personally have an intention to use them for something specific?

Level 2
ooo, didn't see that model!

and yes Chriz, I'll be using them for my Azuremyst Isle, Bloodmyst Isle, Terokkar Forest and Eye of the Storm and Tempest Keep maps at least.

and Redeemer, I did request with post also bearing other people in mind since their are few Draenei units on either of the sites and I'm sure a fair few people would like to see and have use for more.

Last edited:
Level 2
Oh my god! Naga Siren YOU ROCK! Now I got a second site to look for more models =D! Thanks man! You helped my butt!

Level 2
/bump
I know I said I don't mind if these aren't made
But I'm not going to have my request dissapear so easy either since I am in need of these models.

Level 2
I already have that model Naga Siren but thanks anyway and Cavman, I would appreciate it but as you said, be sure to contact Gnome_Bot first to make sure he's cool with you using the Elekk model

Level 6
ooo a drenai on elekk that could come handy to the wc3Wow:modTeam when they start drenai (long time till they do that) but another model i could use along side the elekk :grin:

Level 2
It's looking great Cavman. Though the head could be a little bigger and if you could make the hooves smaller then it would look a bit better. Also, make sure to make attachment points for his right and left hand so I can attach weapons and shields and stuff. other than that, it's looking brilliant, can't wait to see the finished result.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I thought importing models from WoW was impossible to show in this forums, but heck, what a good job you've done there. Thumbs up!

The ones in the first posts are just screenshots of WoW models, not exports.

Level 31
Update 2

Ok, this here is very close to the final version. All the animations are done, and I only relly need to edit a fer groups and maybe mess with some vertices. I put up a zip folder eventualy that'll hae both a weaponless and armed versions of the model, along with the skin and possible icons.

Attachments

• ElekkKnightWip3.jpg
    ElekkKnightWip3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,214
Level 4
you did an excellent on the Elekk cavman, I hope to see more

(first time poster, long time lurker)

Level 31
I think it is going to take a while because he wasn't online for more then two weeks.

Well, thats sucks. If any one else needs thesemodels, speak up soon.

what kind of request? of what to make next?

The guy who made this thread and the request in the first place. I'm not gonnafinnish makeing the models till either he comes back, or some one else needs them.

Level 4
The guy who made this thread and the request in the first place. I'm not gonnafinnish makeing the models till either he comes back, or some one else needs them.

I would make use for them and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. personaly I would like to see a draenei paladin using human paladin animations, all the other draenei heroes I seen used the warlock animation and i don't think that would always workout.

I would love to make some stuff myself but I can only make some simple objects in cinema 4D, and I'm on a mac. and by simple I don't mean cubes.I made this for a friend of mine, all I have to do is take a photo of her and her boyfriend

starzw3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.