• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Breath of Fire 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
before i start the actual topic i noticed that there is LoL section but not Dota 2... kind of weird.... :)

ON topic

Anyone has played/knows well Breath of Fire 3?

Level 22
Dunno if I still remember shit, but yes, I did play it. Why though?

EDIT: Wait, do you mean this BOF?
Breath%20of%20Fire%20III%20%5BU%5D%20%5BSLUS-00422%5D-front.jpg

Level 1
yes i do mean this one.
well, i was wondering if u remember how exactly Masters work. When you are under a Master, they lvl up or your char needs to lvl up so that u can get skills/stats?

Level 1
so u basically lose stats since you find masters as the game goes on, and as the game goes on, you yourself take lvls.
this system isnt really well thought.

thx!

Last edited:
Level 22
You still get stat progression when you level out without masters, what the masters do is modify your stat growth.

Let's say Ryu's str stat growth without a master is +10 and his intelligence growth is +5, when he is apprenticed to Bunyan he'll get a +15 str stat growth (an increase of 5) but will only get +2 (reduction of 3) intelligence. I'm really sorry if I couldn't explain it well the first time. I suck at communicating.

Level 1
np, i know all that :)
what i wanted to say is that if for example u go under a master at lvl 30 compare to lets say lvl 10, you basically lose the modified stats.
anyway, all good, thx:)

Level 4
np, i know all that :)
what i wanted to say is that if for example u go under a master at lvl 30 compare to lets say lvl 10, you basically lose the modified stats.
anyway, all good, thx:)

There's someone that beat the game at level 18, so you can play through to a master without gaining much levels, but I get your point, if you want a caster master and he is only attainable half way through the game.

Just another note, if a player gains, example 0 int on a level up, you can go under a master that gives -int to optimize stat growth as you won't be negatively impacted by that level up, only positively.

And another note, BOF3 is on of my favourite games of all time, I think I beat it 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.