• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Breaching the Dead (Random Co-Op Campaign-like Idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6

STORY

You are a Expedition that has found a unknown base from the Undead in the Plaugelands, these Undead are different from the Scourge... They are leaded by a Crypt Lord known as Grik'tis (Also known as the Lord of the Dead), a Powerful Being known to leave the Scourge.

He attempts to stop you from invading his lands, Defiling Them, and will do anything in his power.. ANYTHING, to win aganist these humans of the Alliance.

GAMEPLAY

Alliance Stuff: You start out with a small base of Alliance Units and Troops, they will have different units you can pick from dialogs. Player 1 has a Archmage, while Player 2 Has a Mountain King. Your objective is to breach the Undead Forces outposts, and bases in-order to claim victory.

Grik'tis'es Forces Stuff: Grik'tis will gain new abilities and level up each time he dies or will get stronger over time, this i haven't decided where if he should level up each time he dies, or gains levels every 3 or 4 minutes. His troops however, are randomized per match, making the alliance having to pick units to counter those certain units. Grik'tis'es forces also gain upgrades over time, making them stronger overtime of course.

Mechanics: The Undead always attack at both day and night, they are restless, hungry for war. They also deploy elite units that are random every 5 minutes, these elite units will have 2 abilities and 1 passive, or just 3 abilities. The Alliance have a certain amount of time per night that a swarmy force will siege them, attempting to make them weaker in defenses. There are also bonus objectives, witch are trolls being surrounded by the Dead, these trolls went on a expedition, leaded by Truhteno. In return after saving them, they will assist in your war aganist these Undead. The undead swarmy units also get more swarmy and stronger each night. Oh yeah, did i forget to mention that the Alliance will also have a Allied Hero that attempts to help them? theres also a suprise in the Cinematics for this Allied Hero ;)

Thats all for Gameplay, now onto the Cinematics!

CINEMATICS

Beginning Cinematic: [A Paladin would appear from the trees, approaching the base] ???: Hello there! I am Golan, Servant of the Holy Light. We were tasked upon attacking these undead by King Varian Wrynn. He wanted us to purge these undead, but they seem... Different...

Golan: I hope that this won't go too bad-

Grik'tis: Alliance? Here in my Territory! I thought this was well hidden.. its a damn shame that its possibly exposed by the Scourge.

Grik'tis: No matter... Your Deaths will be SWIFT!

Random Dialogue Chances at Night:

Grik'tis: Besiege the Alliance!

Grik'tis: Show them no Mercy!

Grik'tis: Be warry, for my Undead will Crush you!

Grik'tis: Still Alive? No matter... MY DEAD WILL ERADICATE YOU!

Grik'tis: Pain is Imminent, so is your Demise!

Random Dialogue Chances at Day:

Grik'tis: NO! You were supposed to die, not LIVE!

Grik'tis: I see now, that you are so eager to die...

Grik'tis: I cannot wait for your bodies to be Risen to SERVE ME!

Grik'tis: Your Arrogance is unacceptable... This Capital will CONSUME YOU!

Grik'tis: You will be Crushed, THAT i reassure you!

Ending Cinematic: [As Grik'tis is at his throne... defeated, the Paladin Emerges from the Shadows...] Golan: It seems you have been defeated Grik'tis... how does it feel to be Ruined by the Alliance?

Grik'tis: I am ashamed you focus on me.. instead of the Scourge Paladin... I will see to it that your death is swift!

Golan: Really now? Can't you recognize me Grik'tis.. i am a Servant of the Lich King!

Grik'tis: No.... NO! I WILL ERADICATE YOU FROM EXISTENCE! [He would charge in aganist Golan, slaying him with his Locust Swarm as he stood no chance...]

Grik'tis
: ...This is the end for me now... isn't it?

Archmage: Do not worry Grik'tis, now that i have learned the error of my ways of following that Death Knight, you are welcome to join the Alliance.

Grik'tis: What..? Impossible...

Mountain King: Lad, be greatful that you won't be killed off by us and our armies.

Grik'tis: Hmm.. i will consider this offer... But Leave my lands as i need to rebuild...

Archmage: As you wish Grik'tis, good luck...

[The Archmage and the Mountain King leave the Crypt Lord alone. As Grik'tis rebuilds his forces... something happens..]

???: Siege Grik'tis'es forces and his Undead! LEAVE NONE ALIVE!

Grik'tis: The Scourge, they've found me Again! FORCES! HOLD YOUR GROUND!

[TO BE CONTINUED...]

NOTE 1: I will be doing something like this, i just wanted to see if the Idea is Good or Not. And im SO SORRY if i posted this in the wrong thread.

NOTE 2: The To be Continued part will mean you get to play as Grik'tis himself, with a friend of course :)

Last edited:
Level 5
It's not a bad idea, however, I do not have much idea on what the map is like. If you have thought about it, it would be great appreciated if you lay down the gameplay elements of your map to give us an idea of what you've planned.

Edit : I have re-read your post, and I must say, the idea is interesting, and the gameplay description gives me an idea that this will be a "destroy a base", albeit a difficult one after reading the elite units. I have no questions for now, only good luck and stride on to make this map a reality! I hope to hear more updates on this map. :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.