• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alrighty, so im trying to make a spell that kinda gives a bounty when you kill a type of unit, it goes like this:

Bounty - Level 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
(its a passive ability)
This ability passively increases movement speed by 5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50%
In addition, if you kill a unit with a Tracker Buff on it, you gain a bonus 3/6/9/12/15/18/21/24/27/30 gold if it is a unit, or 20/40/60/80/100/120/140/160/180/200 extra gold if it is a Hero.

Track - Level 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
(Target Ability)
Marks a unit with a special tracking mark, giving you vision of the target unit(200 area radius).
Units that are marked move 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20% slower.
Lasts 4/8/12/16/20/24/28/32/36/40 seconds

Can anyone help with these abilities?

Level 28
Bounty:
  • Bounty Activate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Bounty for (Killing unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempInt = (20 x (Level of Bounty for (Killing unit)))
        • Else - Actions
          • Set TempInt = (3 x (Level of Bounty for (Killing unit)))
      • Player - Add TempInt to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (|c00ffdc00+ + ((String(TempInt)) + |r)) at TempPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 52.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
All the floating texts are to mimic the regular bounty.

For track, I simply recommend you use faerie fire (which gives a 200 radius sight) and then let a dummy cast a customized slow poison on the target. That should do it.
(Or you could base it on any movement-slowing attack and let a dummy cast faerie fire, works just as good).

Edit: test-map attached.
Edit: test-map updated.

Attachments

• SpellReq.w3x
    22 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 10
Wow, thnx, i will rep you if i can since sometimes, it seems i cant rep people with really high reps

EDIT: I just tested it, and a problem is that i want the bonus gold to only apply to units WITH the track buff on it. In your test map, units without the buff on it still got the gold bonus

Last edited:
Level 28
but afaik buffs cannot be determined when you use death events...
That is correct.

However: you can add the units you cast track on to a unit group and remove them when the buff wears out.
You can check whether a unit was in a group with death events...

You'll need indexing or hashtables for that as far as I know (as the spell needs to be MUI).
For making it simple for myself, I used hashtables.

I updated my previous post with the new map (yes: your single request made the trigger that much more difficult :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.