• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounty? {units giving gold to the owner of their killers / making open slots}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I set it so that units give bounty for player 12, and I made those units have a set bounty in the object editor, yet I still don't get the money for killing them :S
(It doesn't give me any at all, not that it just doesn't show it) help!:sad:

Also, I need to know how to preset the players, IE player 12 is a computer and players 1-4 are Open slots.

Level 3
  • Actions
  • Player - Turn gives bounty On for Player 1(Red)
in triggers called Turn Player Flag On/Off.

Level 28
Figured it out, for some reason the trigger wasn't initializing :S. But I'm still not sure how to make it so that there are preset players.

Right... here's a little tutorial :p
I use NewGen WE, so it is slightly different, but you get the point.

Inside the world editor, go to "Scenario" -> "Player Properties"

step1y.jpg

Now you can set the amount of players you want and choose if it is going to be a computer (NPC), or a user.

step2u.jpg

In my example, I have used 2 Computers (the "bad guys") and 6 users (the players who will need to defeat the bad guys).

I have set "Fixed start location" to true, so red will start at player red start location (otherwise, it will random the start locations).

step3w.jpg

After that, we need to set forces, because we want the good and bad guys to be a team.
For that, we need to go to "Forces" and add a force.
Rename the forces to whatever you want, I have called them "Players" and "Computers", but that is completely up to you.

step4r.jpg

"Allied": the players will be allied and won't attack eachother
"Allied Victory": if one player wins, everyone in the team wins.
"Share Vision": well... they share eachothers vision
"Share Unit Control": Erm, I'm not really sure, but this is probably just to move units, attack, stop and cast abilities
"Share Adv. Unit Control": To create buildings and learn abilities with anoher player's unit, I think you will need advanced unit control...

I hope this is what you ment with "preset players" -.-

Level 3
I hope this is what you ment with "preset players" -.-

Haha yes it is, and some how during one of my tests the computers were present >.> I have no clue what made them default to present because I didn't change anything but HEY, I'm not complaining :D xD

--EDIT--

How do I make the title [Solved] ?

Status
Not open for further replies.