• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Since the bots are starting to get really annoying I have taken some action against it that is withen my power.

I have made it so new members will have to be accepted by an admin before they can post or do anything with their new account. We will hopfuly be able to use this to stop bots from posting until Ralle can make something else up. So new members, if u want to make sure we can tell your account apart from a bot then send a pm to an admin, that way we should be able to confirm your account is not a bot.

And remember, that from what I can see the bots only use their account once, so I see banning them mostly a waste of time, however if I am wrong and a bot posts more then once I will start banning them.

Thanks, Bob27

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
we already got our first victim!

Attachments

• bot.jpg
    bot.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 145
Level 36
haha thats awesome, but seriously does the bot actually just announce that it's a bot? You think they would be just a tad more subtle then that...

Edit: Oh, and another way would be to create fields that are defaulted as a Select One option so that the bot can't just run through te registration process using the default answers for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.