1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Boss Challenge I, II and III

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Mille25, Sep 28, 2009.

1. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Huh? I did not continue at all, I just made something clear...

2. Vegavak

Vegavak

Resources:
    Resources:
    So this is the map people play when they don't get accepted into a raiding guild...

3. Mille25

Mille25

Resources:
    Resources:
    @vegavak: hehe yes :D but seriously, this map is really made for wow fans, the heroes and boss fights are in wow style. i just like it and a lot of other people, too. i think it just depends on the person. some love dota some hate it, some love wow maps ans some hate it. like i already said i didnt want to copy imp. bosses, so i made som wow style raid.

greez

4. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Stop comparing other maps...And even smb. dislikes DotA, it's still VERY well made (mean triggers and ideas) as well as original. And your map is not well-triggered and I didn't see original ideas, so comparing with other maps and telling about dislikes is different with comparing triggering and ideas...

5. Mille25

Mille25

Resources:
    Resources:
    you dont seem to get it -.-
    and why is my map badly triggered? :O

6. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    In word "badly" I meant that triggers are too simple, and you compare your map with DotA which has maaany-many difficult systems and triggered spells...

You could compare your map and , for example, DotA if:
    1. If the maps are of one type. (Your compare boss fight map with an AOS)
    2. If your map as pro-made as the other one. (see above)
    3. Not in this thread=) (this thread is about only your map!)

And we are talking not about people's interests (like you compared) but about how the map is made (I mean well-made or not)

7. Mille25

Mille25

Resources:
    Resources:
    i didnt compare my map with them, they were just expamples for peoples interessts. nothing more.

i just wanted to show that everyone likes something else

8. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    We were not talking about smb's interests!
    We were talking about QUALITY of your map!

9. Mille25

Mille25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update

i worked on the 5th part of the series and i promise you that the bossfight will be much better than in the other parts. i also added a "ultra" difficulty for hardcore gamers. you can also repick the difficulty during the game, if you notice that the bossfight is to hard for u or whatever. i also reworked the shaman class. its spells now scale with attributes and i fixed a bug that shaman healing wasnt displayed in the multiboard. addicionally i just finished the new multibaord, i just added some more infos. here a few alpha screenshots out of the editor and the game:

editor:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ingame:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

new multiboard:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  10. Mille25

Mille25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update

work is going on very well. i knew that the old maps had some bad bugs that were rare but they didnt let me sleep well :D so i decided to fix everything with BC 5. here is a list of bugs i already fixed

-revive should now work to 99,9999999% :D
    -revive timer bug
    -damage, heal, deaths, class and HP bar bug (multiboard bugs)
    -another multiboard bug with druid, when he changed his form no info was displayed any more
    -a very important fix: when a player leaves the game all other players can control his hero. but when this players then repicked another hero and bought a hero with a peon they dont own but only control, the bought hero was owned by the controlling player and not by the owning player, this could cause VERY bad bugs, eg spells not working, multiboard bugs, revive bugs etc

i also added some new features to the map, for example hints that give a lot of help to behinners. The creeps and the boss are also going quite well. One more screen for u:

[​IMG]

11. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do not double post or you receive -rep from mods (I've already receieved...)

12. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    If it's after 24 hours, then its a bumb. I also think it's allowed to double-post when you post updates

13. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Off-topic:
    Well,I received -rep for nearly for the same thing,so I just warned=)
    I'm not mod,just gave an advice=)