• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"Boomerang Like" Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm doing a spell that you throw two swords at the enemy, and they come back to you.

So I thought that would be simple, just do a dummy unit attacking with a missile sword and another attacking back you (with no damage).

But... I can't find if the missile get the target successfully.
How can I now if I hit the target, and them, making the swords come back?

Level 12
but that will not give that nice arc xD
edit: I'm trying something here, thanks for the spider clue ^^

edit2: I tried to rotate the unit and increase the project art to become like a side angled attack... but I was unable to do that... and the spider thing make a ugly effect on the enemy T.T

edit3: Lol, I think I did it, with a negative projectile arc xD
But the spider thing don't work with projectile arc... so this don't solve the return problem...

Last edited:
Level 6
Hostile dummy unit pherhaps?

Unit - Unit is attacked
Condition - attacking unit equal to Your unit
Actions - Spawn dummy unit at attacked unit
actions - Give unit ability uhm, finger of death maybe?

Then you make him cast the spell on the attacked unit, just give the spell a 0 damage.

Edit: duh, didnt see boomerang =P, anyways, I got an idea, Will require some work though:

Keep this trigger going, just spawn dummy units with offset points, and form a boomerang with them. Just order them to shoot the spell at their closest dummy unit. Get some "wait" triggers in to make it look like a boomerang.

Level 28
Did you just try to make the spell creating a dummy unit with the model of a boomerang? using two points (one for the pos. of the caster and one for the pos. of the target), moving the dummy boomerang to the target, dealing damage and after return it to the caster.
Sounds most possible to me ;)

Level 12
Did you just try to make the spell creating a dummy unit with the model of a boomerang? using two points (one for the pos. of the caster and one for the pos. of the target), moving the dummy boomerang to the target, dealing damage and after return it to the caster.
Sounds most possible to me ;)
... I didn't xD

Thanks xD I will try >.<

Edit: Lol, give me two problems:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=84836
- How to detect if the unit returned to caster and them make it vanish...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.