• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bonus SPell Damage via Items {item gives 55 bonus damage to a spell}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, i want to know how to make a trigger allowing extra damage via a held item, for example

Firebolt: 100 base Damage (Level 1 Hero Version)
Item: (Item name)
Description: Holding this item gives your hero a bonus 55 Spell Damage, allowing you to deal out more spell power.

This would be extremely helpful if someone can tell me how to do this, also, im noob wiht JASS so id prefer help with a GUI trigger, please and thanks.

+Rep to whoever helps the most

For reference on what im talking about, try WoW Arena

• Trigger
  • Events
    • A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast Equal to Firebolt
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6 , do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If/ Then/ Else
          • If (Conditions)
            • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot [IntegerA]) Equal to (Your item)
          • Then (Actions)
            • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
            • Unit - Create 1 dummy at Point for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) facing default building degrees
            • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to deal 55.00 damage of attack type spells and damage type Normal
            • Unit - Add a 1.5 seconds generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
          • Else (Actions)
There is not such item; you need to trigger it. I used a dummy to cause the damage, cause sometimes, when an ability already deals damage and you want extra damage caused by the casting unit, it bugs/crashes, at least make that for certain results.

Status
Not open for further replies.