• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spell enhancement -> bonus damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I need some help with this:

I have a 3 lvl hero spell called <Firebolt>
I also have a 1 lvl hero spell called <Improved Firebolt>

I want the <Improved Firebolt> spell to give a damage bonus to my <Firebolt> equal to 5% of my hero's current Intelligence.

How can I do that?

Also, how can I make a specific buff dissapear from a target unit when it is damaged by a certain spell

Level 18
you could check if the hero has this improved firebolt spell skilled, and then replace your old firebolt spell with another one, that does no dmg, so you can calculate the total dmg + your 5% that the spell does. Get the Hero stats via trigger, and also do the damage via trigger to it, there's no other way.

hmm there should be some trigger that can remove buffs from unit, else create a dummy unit that casts silence to the unit, if you only want to remove one specific buff, call some other dummies that spell the before removed buffs, the one you wanna keep, again on the unit. ( if there's no directly trigger for it in GUI)

Level 23
i have a cool way to do this:

base it on channel

make a dummy unit firebolt the target (set level of firebolt to level of firebolt on caster), set dummys custom value to [casters int x level spell x 0.05 ] and add the event [target] takes damage to another trigger that checks the unit type of damage source and deals damage based on its custom value. then remove the event you created.

Level 11
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to Firebolt
    • Level of (Improved Firebolt) for (Casting unit) greater than or equal to 1
  • Actions
    • Unit - Causing (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) dealing (((0.05) x (Level of (Improved Firebolt) for (Casting unit)) x (Casting unit's intelligence)))

Level 8
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to Firebolt
    • Level of (Improved Firebolt) for (Casting unit) greater than or equal to 1
  • Actions
    • Unit - Causing (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) dealing (((0.05) x (Level of (Improved Firebolt) for (Casting unit)) x (Casting unit's intelligence)))

What about the normal firebolt's normal damage? That would stack, meaning normal firebolt damage + improved firebolt damage.

Level 7
ZZZ= Speed of firebolt projectile

• Improved Firebolt
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • Ability - Ability being casted equals to Firebolt
    • Integer - Level of Improved Firebolt greater than 0
  • Actions
    • Wait - Wait Distance between position of Casting unit and Target of ability being cast/ZZZ
    • Unit - Deal (Conversion(Intelligence of (casting unit)) x Conversion(Level of Improved Firebolt x .05)) Damage of type [Insert damage type] [Other Data]

Level 11
The wait = not MUI. And unless he's using a slow projectile/very long range it won't matter too much. Also, adding the base damage through triggers assumes that his base spell does no damage and he doesn't have a trigger to deal damage with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.