• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] A small prob in abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well I have a problem probably you know it.. In my map I have the Spell Firebolt, and a copy of it named "Fireblast".. Firebolt works with hotkey F and Fireblast with hotkey E, after some Levels the Fire Magician in my map haves Firebolt and Fireblast in his Spells.. When I do Firebolt, Fireblast is attacking the Enemy, how can that be? They have diffrent hotkeys but I don't know why this is happening.. I asked a guy he told me that I need to change the ID's of the Spells I didn't understand and he couldn't explain me, how to fix that thing and make Firebolt a totally diffrent spell than Fireblast so they stop confuse each other?

By the way, I am using JassNewGen.

Level 33
Only Channel is a special ability which lets you change its Order ID and can never have the redundant orders

Other default ability such as this Firebolt, even if you change the Order ID, it still remains the same (the orders will overlap other abilities that have the same based ability)

Tell you what, change one of them to use Storm Bolt

Hey, Storm Bolt = Firebolt in terms of benefits, right ?

A projectile that is thrown and stuns the unit when it hits.

Level 2
Yeah good idea but, actually theres alot of reasons I need to know how to change the ID of a Spell, not the only Firebolt, theres more spells, for example if I add Firebolt, I add Stormbolt too then what I can't add other throw projectile?

FrostBolt (or ice, dunno), Firebolt, Storm Bolt, etc...

That makes you 3spells like this.

Also, you have many others spells with projectiles such as Death Coil, etc...

And since you can't have more than 6spells (or 7 without the learn ability) without a spell book (11 in the same spellbook in that case) it won't create problems. Also, you have Channel & triggering.

Level 33
If you have too much problems with Spell Order ID, please resort the unique ability, Channel

Search for it in Abilities Editor

But if you use this spell, beware, it needs triggering.
It does not simply works like any other spell, the spell itself does not has its own benefit (like damage , stun , slow , etc) but it relies heavily on triggering.

You have to trigger from the projectile being thrown, to the damage received by the unit.

Level 5
i found your problem and i got an fix:D...To avoid your problem you need to use different spell...So, make firebolt with editor skill firebolt, and make a different one fireblast with another editor skill...i mean firebolt is already made and fireblast make it with any spell like storm bolt. 2 spell same type will make an overwrite and they works both but 1 of them didn`t shows its icon...

Status
Not open for further replies.