• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blue Feral Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
What i'm thinking of is wolf itself. A model that would fit perfectly with this icon.
BTNGhostWolf
Feral Spirit is the name of the ability; the unit is called Spirit Wolf. You should probably change the name of the thread from 'Blue Feral Spirit' to something else to avoid the confusion.
I saw it somewhere in the model section
Are you sure it wasn't a custom skin?

Last edited:
Level 21
I assume it got taken away from looking too similiar.
If that's the model, I can definitely see why it was rated as substandard. It was made in 2006, before we had War3 Model Editor, but nowadays it literally takes less than a minute to make those simple edits.

Not only is the model just the standard Spirit Wolf with White Wolf's texture and different filter mode in material layers, but it also wasn't even done properly; the custom texture was not needed since it's already in the mpq.

By the way, the wolf is white; it just appears blue on the screenshot because of team glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.