• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fake Feral Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Quick question; Im trying to make a custom summon system that mimics the visuals of Far Seer's feral spirit.

- Is there a way to change the name of the timed life buff?
- I cant seem to figure out how to handle the 'unsummon sfx' as the unsummon cloud effect is attached to the dying unit's chest by default. Hence, you cannot simply hide/remove the summoned unit when it expires.

Level 39
You should probably just create a special effect for the unsummon/death manually. Will have to account for units that have a fly height. The text on the expiration timer is dependent on the argument integer buffId given when calling UnitApplyTimedLife (it's the "type" option you have in GUI). There are 7 possible:

BUan - Animate Dead
Bapl - Disease Cloud
BEfn - Force of Nature
BTLF - Generic (does not show in OE)
Bhwd - Healing Ward
Brai - Raise Dead/Skeletal Minion
BHwe - Water Elemental

All but BTLF correspond to buffs you can find in the OE so it's possible that altering the text of one of those buffs or creating a duplicate buff and renaming some data fields would provide altered text. I've never tried. If that fails perhaps ObjectMerger could make a duplicate of BTLF that might work. They could also be hardcoded in and the function doesn't accept other buff ids.

Level 23
You should probably just create a special effect for the unsummon/death manually. Will have to account for units that have a fly height. The text on the expiration timer is dependent on the argument integer buffId given when calling UnitApplyTimedLife (it's the "type" option you have in GUI). There are 7 possible:

I completely forgot that the z of sfx can be changed.

I've never tried. If that fails perhaps ObjectMerger could make a duplicate of BTLF that might work. They could also be hardcoded in and the function doesn't accept other buff ids.

Can confirm that setting buff Id to 'BOsf' does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.