• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Request: Spirit Touch Recolour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I'd like to request the spirit touch model with player colour support, additionally I'd like it to be oriented to the side akin to defend or spell shield.
I do not wish to use defend or Spell shield as they both carrier sounds and different animations to the spirit touch model.

My purposes with the requested item is for my spell submission Bone Armor, the model will be used to indicate damage absorption.
if you look at the spell preview in the link above you can see I'm currently using the vanilla spirit touch (blue) with the special effects alpha modifications to make it appear bright green, however other colours such as red purple, or grey are not possible or fall short of a clear indication of player.

Suitable entries will be used in the submission and properly credited, and of course as much reputation as I am able to give.

Please and thank you

Level 21
I tried to make it with team color, but I don't think it will look good with all team colors. Maybe I should make it white so you could tint it any color you want?

By the way, I love the spell; we don't really have anything similar in GUI (except for your Spiritual Protection Spell). Could you perhaps make the 3 rotating effects change their height depending on the movement height of the target unit? It doesn't really look as good on flying units.

Attachments

• BoneArmorCasterTC.mdx
    11 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Level 24
I'll have to check it out later today once I get home, I will add you to the credits asap.

I've tried doing current flying height and combinations of z height but the orbiting unit's don't seem to like it, I will keep trying.

Also if you do like the spell be sure to rate it!

ETA: oh now it works :/

Holy crap the model is so awesome, thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.