• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Recolour Request - Command Aura [RESOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for two (hopefully) simple model recolours. To sum up, I need recolours of the Command Aura model; one that is the same colour as the Player 13 (Maroon) team colour (or close enough) and one that is the same or close to Player 7 (Green).

If someone could please make these for me or give me a pointer on how to recolour models myself I'd be hugely appreciative of it. Thank you in advance!

Level 23
or give me a pointer on how to recolour models myself I'd be hugely appreciative of it. Thank you in advance!

Imho still the easiest most straight forward way is to have a look at the text format .mdl of the model.
So:
1. Open game data with casc viewer
2. Export the model
3. Convert to mdl

You will see that the color is defined mostly inside the "flash.blp" texture
UrExohs.jpg

And inside the model .mdl there is one color line
uPDTt3B.jpg

By modifying these values you can recolor the model.
If you don't want to overwrite the texture globally you need to import different versions of command aura, with references to differently colored textures.
(or make teamcolored, but this is usually more difficult)

Level 21
Sorry, I was looking at the name of the model itself (Abilities\Spells\Orc\CommandAura\CommandAura.mdx), not the name of the ability.

Interestingly, there is also one more Command Aura model (Abilities\Spells\Orc\CommandAura\CommandAuraTarget.mdx) that is unused.

Attachments

• DrumsCasterHealMaroon.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DrumsCasterHealGreen.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 29
Level 28
There are 3 ways to recolor a model :

1 - Texture Recolor : Some models require to edit their original textures in order to change their color.
2 - Particle Emitter : Used for Special Effects mostly.
3 - Geoset Animation : If the model doesn't use none of the 2 above. in that case. You'll need to create a Geoset Animation for that model. This can be done easily with Magos Model Editor :
  • Open the model file with Magos Model Editor
  • Click on "Windows" tab then click on "Geoset Animation Manager"
  • Right click and click on "Create New"
  • Choose the Geoset ID you want to recolor
  • Check "Use color"
  • Select the color you want to use
  • Click "Ok" and you're done!
screenshot-png.315140

Now, if the model has many Geosets then you'll need to create multiple Geoset Animation and attach them to each one of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.